• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper - Cross Shaft in Tunnel

Yes I just looked through the parts finder at all the different models, funny they would do this. Crazy idea but are the pivot arms in any way interchangeable?? Would this be an option for those breaking shafts?
Yes put a 13 rr shaft in 129 and 137. Problem solved.

I ordered the shaft but was told the bolts and bushings were discontinued. Now I got the shaft! LOL and no bushings. My buddy had a 16 600xc and it had a gold cad plated steel cross shaft the same diameter as my stock one. I couldn't find that shaft from cat

I haven had my cross shaft out so haven't looked at the stock bushings, but what is the difference? Are the rr bushings bigger I. D. If so I could open the them up on my lathe.

I ordered the shaft but was told the bolts and bushings were discontinued. Now I got the shaft! LOL and no bushings. My buddy had a 16 600xc and it had a gold cad plated steel cross shaft the same diameter as my stock one. I could find that shaft from cat
Oooh you found a steel one! That would work also I would think. If nothing else the RR shaft,stock bushings and as long a bolt as you can fit in there will work just as well. Do not use the stock bolts since they are same length as bushing that is a major stress point. Did you try Yamaha and Cat? Yamaha the 15 and 16 LE Vipers with race skid is also the good shaft.
img.jpg

I have the cat shaft so now I can use the stock bushings and I'll get some longer bolts I think the bolts were supposed to be 55 mm long in the cat parts. Stock are 40 mm

I tried to order the exact same shaft as what was in my buddies XC 600 but when it showed up it was aluminum so I don't think cat has their s*** together. The steel shaft would have been nice though

That XC 600 he had was pretty cool it even had thicker tie rods that whole sled was beefed up like crazy

I have the cat shaft so now I can use the stock bushings and I'll get some longer bolts I think the bolts were supposed to be 55 mm long in the cat parts. Stock are 40 mm
If really,really needed I will remove one of my bolts and measure it all up for you but if not available from Cat they must be available from Yamaha. Here is all the good stuff. Let me know if you need measurments of bolts.

Here is complete RR shaft. Stronger bigger design. Those bushings on end are same dimensions other than the flange is thinner. They also are machined rather than powdered metal like stockers. I would imagine the RTX LE is same thing. Didnt have one on hand to check so all I have are Cat part #'s

8408-051=Bolts 2 needed
3604-791=Bushing 2 needed
3604-711=Front Arm axle 1 needed
3604-798=Center Shock Axle steel 1 needed

These are what I believe are the equivalent Yamaha Parts
8KN-G7465-00-00 = FRONT ARM AXLE 1 NEEDED
8KN-RA1A0-00-00 = BOLTS 2 NEEDED
8KN-RA805-00-00 = BUSHING 2 NEEDED
8KN-RA729-00-00 = CENTER SHOCK AXLE STEEL 1 NEEDED

FYI,

I compared the 2015 Cat 7000RR to the 2015 Viper RTX-LE. The thing that I'm finding interesting is the bolts for the cross shaft are different lengths. Cat (8408-051) is a 50mm long bolt while the Yamaha (8KN-RA1A0-00-00) is only 40mm according to everything I can find.

When I upgrade the shafts, I'm planning to just order the longer Cat part number bolts.

FYI,

I compared the 2015 Cat 7000RR to the 2015 Viper RTX-LE. The thing that I'm finding interesting is the bolts for the cross shaft are different lengths. Cat (8408-051) is a 50mm long bolt while the Yamaha (8KN-RA1A0-00-00) is only 40mm according to everything I can find.

When I upgrade the shafts, I'm planning to just order the longer Cat part number bolts.
The Cat parts I listed are all 2013rr. It uses longer bolts. Now if 15 Le uses shorter I would try them. Important thing is that the bolt doesn’t end at same length as collar. Another reason I am saying try the shorter bolt is couple rides ago my buddy with 1100 turbo snapped his RR shaft. Same as last time except this time it snapped past the collar right where the longer bolt ended. He had tunnel damage that wasn’t fixed from first time so I am blaming that as main cause though.

i had no issue getting the 2015 7000rr tunnel shaft, bolts, spacers....or the lower solid shock shaft

Back