• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper - Cross Shaft in Tunnel

If really,really needed I will remove one of my bolts and measure it all up for you but if not available from Cat they must be available from Yamaha. Here is all the good stuff. Let me know if you need measurments of bolts.

Here is complete RR shaft. Stronger bigger design. Those bushings on end are same dimensions other than the flange is thinner. They also are machined rather than powdered metal like stockers. I would imagine the RTX LE is same thing. Didnt have one on hand to check so all I have are Cat part #'s

8408-051=Bolts 2 needed
3604-791=Bushing 2 needed
3604-711=Front Arm axle 1 needed
3604-798=Center Shock Axle steel 1 needed

These are what I believe are the equivalent Yamaha Parts
8KN-G7465-00-00 = FRONT ARM AXLE 1 NEEDED
8KN-RA1A0-00-00 = BOLTS 2 NEEDED
8KN-RA805-00-00 = BUSHING 2 NEEDED
8KN-RA729-00-00 = CENTER SHOCK AXLE STEEL 1 NEEDED

Cannondale where can I get the Yamaha parts you have listed here for a reasonable price? I tried to look them up at Babbitsonline but they do not have a part number search.

I called babbits and was able to get all the RR parts. In some instances the Yamaha part was more expensive than the Cat part and in some instances the Yamaha part was out of stock but I could get the cat part.

Port is fine too, just be prepared for same scenario on cost and availability.

So, just to clarify. Does the 2016 LTX-"LE" have the good upper and lower cross shaft or not?

So, just to clarify. Does the 2016 LTX-"LE" have the good upper and lower cross shaft or not?

Best way to verify is to take a 5/8" wrench. If the open end of the wrench fits over the shaft you have the std cross shaft.

Best way to verify is to take a 5/8" wrench. If the open end of the wrench fits over the shaft you have the std cross shaft.
If a upgrade is needed did you come up with a aftermarket option ? ( not the cat RR parts)

Back