• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Want HOT hands?..It can be done!!! EDITED FIRST POST

warm hands!!!!!!!!!!!THANKS SO MUCH IF YOU ONLY KNEW!!!!!!!!

I di same as gasattack, except I used the blue sideby splicing. Took about 20 minutes and, Well I'm speechless as to the result of this simple and well explained fix. Thanks to you Machzed this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon:

I am in your debt!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)! ;)! ;)! ;)! ;)!

hey all....

rode all day today and it was cold out(-13c about 8f)....lakes and trails...lakes i cranked them up to middle and they were nice and hot on lakes running 60-90mph for 10 minutes stretches...trails i had to cut them back to ONE BAR and was awesome....no ILL EFFECTS whatesoever...so that is alot of testing and all is well....

BTW my clock is fine too....I think i just had it set wrong after i did the mod...all set perfectly.

One things that remains from last season...the hooks,on lake run still are cold..I assume this is why yammy did the bar change,so the entire bar would get heat...

Now what i dont get,is why did my 07 bars not get warm on hook part?..they were cold ..so this led me to believe the element was only under main section and not on hook as we thought...

we rode over to the local yammie test ride here today in deerhurst resort in Huntsville...I was dying to ride the phazer...and it was awesome!..i want one!....i noticed the HOOKED bars on phazer got warm all the way to end of hook...very good...not near as hot as my 06 setup but warm at least....

all in all i think this completes this test..........I think this proves that there is no issues with this hotgrip setup.....my only wish it if I could figure out a way to get hook warm.

its great when everyone grabs my grips to get there hands warm...and i show them im on lowest bar setting..hehe.

enjoy!
dan

I went to dealer today to order harness with the part number listed on page 3 of this thread and he said there is no such part number on the yamaha part list???? Anybody have any new part numbers or some other explaination? I also just read that a guy had a problem with his shock on his apex gt after he did this setup from what I read it sounded like this setup might not work with the gt's?? and their electric shocks.

Pitt4212 said:
I went to dealer today to order harness with the part number listed on page 3 of this thread and he said there is no such part number on the yamaha part list???? Anybody have any new part numbers or some other explaination? I also just read that a guy had a problem with his shock on his apex gt after he did this setup from what I read it sounded like this setup might not work with the gt's?? and their electric shocks.

As I said earlier.........this part number will not be something you can buy....you would have to buy a set of 07 update bars for 30 bucks to get the harness...you can splice together the wires easily for much less,just look at harness diagrams and get some good connectors and connect accordingly...or you could buy the plug ins possibly and make up your own harness.

I HIGHLY doubt this wiring procedure will in anyway effect a GTs EL shock....this is exactly how the 07 kit is wired...it should be exactly same as the 07 update bars overall...except the 06 hotgrips just utylize the heat better .

if you dont want to do it dont....if your worried,then dont....if you dont like mods then dont...if everyone on this thread thinks it will somehow ruin your sled then dont do it..simple

I know it works,i know they are hot,I know it wont hurt anything,I tested it...and Im happier then ever....do whatever you want to.

dan

Apexaholic said:
I also rode a phazar , but my hands froze on it.

My sled with udated bars with foam, were fine

that is bizzare...all of use rode phazer..and I thought grips were decent...warm to the end of hook....while NOONE thinks the 07 update bars work decent at all....barely warm.

I can bet if there was a poll on 07 update,you would see about 90+% saying they think they are no good.

dan

Not bashing the setup one bit machzed I want to do the handwarmers but my dealer said no more 07 bars will be coming in and I don't want to go pulling wires out and soldering #*$&@ that I have no idea what the hell I am doing. I have some mechanical skills but going into wiring kind of scares me. If I had a picture of somebody who has done the setup without the harness I would love to be able to have my mechanic buddy look at it and do the change over for me. I can't ride this season with cold hands and have no other choice BUT to do this new setup you came up with, just not sure how to.

If I had a picture
:o|........this thread is FULL of pictures.

Look one page back......print......give to buddy.

Better yet print all the pictures in this thread and give to buddy!!!

2006 Stock (In Series)
http://www.ty4stroke.com/download.php?id=28574

2007 Bars (In Parallel)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/Nice_Rumble/wire.jpg

(the only one you really need to print)
2006 Bars "Mod" from Series TO Parallel without harness
http://www.ty4stroke.com/files/wireing_grips_137.jpg

If you can't figure out from the diagram a photo of a wad of wires sure isn't goint to help, so just print them, and let someone else who knows what they're doing read them.

Pitt4212 said:
Not bashing the setup one bit machzed I want to do the handwarmers but my dealer said no more 07 bars will be coming in and I don't want to go pulling wires out and soldering poop that I have no idea what the hell I am doing. I have some mechanical skills but going into wiring kind of scares me. If I had a picture of somebody who has done the setup without the harness I would love to be able to have my mechanic buddy look at it and do the change over for me. I can't ride this season with cold hands and have no other choice BUT to do this new setup you came up with, just not sure how to.

HOLY MOLY ...isnt anyone reading all these 11 pages?..I think the wiring diagram was posted at least two times...!..LOL.

click it,and print it out..its about the simplest wiring diagram ive ever seen!..anyone could do this easily...and a mechanic could easily look at it and wire it same way.

I guess I just get frustrated when I simply wanted to help,and no matter what people still ask how to wire it....I could post it a million times and someone still will ask...

read up..11 pages now...ive typed out how to wire it a few times im sure..and there are pics...its all here...

Dan

Pitt4212 said:
This topic is filled with lots of DIAGRAMS not PICTURES you know with a camera!!

would you want to see a picture of how a house is wired?..NO...you want to see a diagram or schematic...a picture with a camera wont show crap...the diagram has the colors of each wire..how much easier you want it?...

lol

Fixed a couple links....dunno how they will print.

Does your buddy have a computer so he can read this thread???

He will probably be able to get a handle on it by the third page or so.

From Series to Parallel that's it.

Back