• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Want HOT hands?..It can be done!!! EDITED FIRST POST

I understand what he's looking for my sled is in NY and i'm in jersey. Just trying to get a mental picture of what type of plug connector it is and what gauge wire I should use. Also contacted the dealer and they said that the hanldlebar kits are not available any more. When they look it up it show not available.

Attachments

• Color Codes.jpg
    Color Codes.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 171
  • Stock Harness.jpg
    Stock Harness.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 145
  • Wireing Grips.jpg
    Wireing Grips.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 651
hw

Hey boys:

Well I rode all day at -15 celius temps. As posted earlier I have an 07 GT and simply plugged in 06 Bars and WOW !!! two bars and at high speeds, HOT !!!! The clock actually did give wrong reading, reset it and it was fine all day.

My problem is solved! Thanks again DAN !

it took 20 minutes. it's not rocket science. although it was smart to think up the fix!!!!!!!!! hell, look at the pic's and fix. It's so easy my wife could do it. LOL -15 here now and handwarmers work well!!!!!!!!!!!! To think of having cold hands since the first day I bought my RTX and this simple fix made them work? Awesome, just awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Rockon: :Rockon:
Do the fix, or your hands are not as cold as they should be.LOL

Re: hw

SERPAGS said:
Hey boys:

Well I rode all day at -15 celius temps. As posted earlier I have an 07 GT and simply plugged in 06 Bars and WOW !!! two bars and at high speeds, HOT !!!! The clock actually did give wrong reading, reset it and it was fine all day.

great work!...thanks for feedback..the more the better!...clock must get adjusted for some reason when doing this mod...good to know yours is fine...i reset my clock and hasnt missed a beat in over week now.

Dan

If you unplug the headlight-gauge-cluster-pod thingy clock got no power. It has absolutely nothing to do with the grip wiring.

//signed//
Rocket Scientist

I did this modification yesterday in the garage. Grips are finally hot. Guys, this can be done without using any wire at all. I used the type of electrical connectors that you can splice wires into. They are blue and you put two wires into it and squeeze with the pliers. This squeeze connnects the two wires together. If you understand the wiring diagram you can use two of these connectors and you are done. I'm going to Canada this coming week and have to do two other machines on Tuesday night when we get to camp. They keep their machines up there so I'll just bring a few connectors and give them warm hands for the cold week ahead. One of the guys felt the results of mine yesterday and couldn't believe the difference. By the way, my clock has been fine.

Saw, glad you now have warm hands. Next time your over my way (Hopkinton) show my what you did. I need to upgrade.

Have fun in Quebec.

Re: hw

machzed said:
SERPAGS said:
Hey boys:

great work!...thanks for feedback..the more the better!...clock must get adjusted for some reason when doing this mod...good to know yours is fine...i reset my clock and hasnt missed a beat in over week now.

Dan

My clock never changed.

I actually had removed the cluster to replace the panel that cracked when I flipped. Thats what offset the clock, since I set the time, no isues.

RTX DUDE said:
My clock changed because I unplugged it. Did you not unplug your clock when you did the upgrade?

No, just the top dash and did not unplug anything.

Never set my clock in the first place. Told the wife I'll be home when I get there! When there's snow......she knows!!!!
Nate

CLOCK

nate007 said:
Never set my clock in the first place. Told the wife I'll be home when I get there! When there's snow......she knows!!!!
Nate

Smart !!! No wonder I get hell everytime I am sledding with the boys !!

(Note to self, by-passs clock on cluster ! )

Back