• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Want HOT hands?..It can be done!!! EDITED FIRST POST

I used the type of electrical connectors that you can splice wires into. They are blue and you put two wires into it and squeeze with the pliers. This squeeze connnects the two wires together.
They are called Scotch Locks:.
http://store.nutsandbolts.com/electrical-scotch-lock-terminals.html
If you're troubleshooting a truck or trailer or stereo wiring problem Scotch Locks are the first place you look. In my experience they are the least dependable of all types of connections. Might work forever...and...Might not.

I think maybe Posi-Locks might work better than the Scotch Locks.

http://www.posi-lock.com/posilock.html

posi-tap_n2_a.jpg

Hey Dan, I rode today, From Parry Sound to only Orrville...my nuts and belly were too cold to go furthur.

I am gonna put my 06 bars back on next weekend. THESE 07 BARS ARE A JOKE.

After 45mins of steady 50 mph cruising, upon stopping and doing to bare hand test...the damn things are barely warm. About all you can tell is where the warmth starts and where it ends just after the bend.....

Glad I didn't give the 06 bars away....

Dan, I just wired mine up today with Scotch Locks until my new harness (and bars) gets here (which I expected by now), and idling in the shop, they were getting hot.

My clock didn't change, but I didn't unplug the cluster either.

Thanks!

HAMMER said:
If you unplug the headlight-gauge-cluster-pod thingy clock got no power. It has absolutely nothing to do with the grip wiring.

//signed//
Rocket Scientist

LOL,wow i cant believe I completely overlooked the fact we had speedo removed,which unplugs clock!...great catch hammer!

Dan

i wish I still had my 06 bars to try this out but I can honestly say that I was in QC last week and rode 150 miles after dark in -30 to -40 C Friday night and I could have turned the warmers down on the updated bars. My only remaining complaint really is that a takes a few minutes of steady revving to get them hot, but they do get hot.

sawsalesman said:
I did this modification yesterday in the garage. Grips are finally hot. Guys, this can be done without using any wire at all. I used the type of electrical connectors that you can splice wires into. They are blue and you put two wires into it and squeeze with the pliers. This squeeze connnects the two wires together. If you understand the wiring diagram you can use two of these connectors and you are done. I'm going to Canada this coming week and have to do two other machines on Tuesday night when we get to camp. They keep their machines up there so I'll just bring a few connectors and give them warm hands for the cold week ahead. One of the guys felt the results of mine yesterday and couldn't believe the difference. By the way, my clock has been fine.

EXACTLY!..these are the type of connectors that i meant when i said make your own connections ect!.....glad you posted this and glad they are working good for you....thanks alot for feedback!

BTW,if these connectors dont workout well...Im still OLD school in many ways and think I would simply cut/splice elec tape....you cannot beat a good splice taped tight....but there is no going back then!..lol

Dan

Has anybody figured anything out about adding a resistor to this system. I'm not that good with this stuff, but I'd like to have mine hotter than hell at max setting, and tolerable on warmer days by turning them down!
Would a length of resistor wire do the trick? If so what wire, and how long?
I'm ready to do this thing, but I think I want it to have the full range of operation as factory.
Nate

nate007 said:
Has anybody figured anything out about adding a resistor to this system. I'm not that good with this stuff, but I'd like to have mine hotter than hell at max setting, and tolerable on warmer days by turning them down!
Would a length of resistor wire do the trick? If so what wire, and how long?
I'm ready to do this thing, but I think I want it to have the full range of operation as factory.
Nate

i trail rode mine on level 1 all day..was real nice....i would think a milder day i would just turn them off....they heatup so quick you can turn off for awhile then tap them on for a quick warmup.

A resistor would be great...I assume you would simply put it into the HOT SIDE(yellow) wire and it would reduce power....try it and let me know.

dan

87gtNOS said:
Hey Dan, I rode today, From Parry Sound to only Orrville...my nuts and belly were too cold to go furthur.

I am gonna put my 06 bars back on next weekend. THESE 07 BARS ARE A JOKE.

After 45mins of steady 50 mph cruising, upon stopping and doing to bare hand test...the damn things are barely warm. About all you can tell is where the warmth starts and where it ends just after the bend.....

Glad I didn't give the 06 bars away....

hEY BUD..

I should be heading out onto the seguin this week..we got alot more snow now and grooming will be awesome this week..

rode to deerhurst on sat...yammie was there with the test ride....phazer was fun!..

dan

I hate to admit it, but I could figure out how to install the resistor, but I wold need help with the calculation(s) to find the right resistor. I mentioned something about a resistor wire, much like the old cars used to use for ignition systems so they didn't burn up the points.
If somebody could tell me what resistor or resistor wire to use, I could get it done. I haven't taken my new bars out of the bag yet.
I told somebody here that I would post pictures of the harness, but I can't find the cord to my camera so I can download any new picture(s) to photobucket, so sorry!!
Nate

nate007 said:
I hate to admit it, but I could figure out how to install the resistor, but I wold need help with the calculation(s) to find the right resistor. I mentioned something about a resistor wire, much like the old cars used to use for ignition systems so they didn't burn up the points.
If somebody could tell me what resistor or resistor wire to use, I could get it done. I haven't taken my new bars out of the bag yet.
I told somebody here that I would post pictures of the harness, but I can't find the cord to my camera so I can download any new picture(s) to photobucket, so sorry!!
Nate

Geez, I sell car parts...and cars still use that stuff...fusible link wire. I will look into it tomorrow. I also sell the old resistors....

Fusible link won't reduce power though, will it? It'll simply blow out if a problem starts to occur, right? I think full power still goes through it...

Back