• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Want HOT hands?..It can be done!!! EDITED FIRST POST

I have a question, why cant the 07 replacement bars be wired for the voltage increase?

Attachments

• IMG_0102 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0102 (Small).JPG
    79 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0101 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0101 (Small).JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0100 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0100 (Small).JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 93

06apexrtx said:
well i just got my new updated bars from a dealer and except for the hooks they look pretty close. i cant beleave this 5" wire harness is the fix.

Why would you be getting new bars? I thought 06 bars were fine and you just needed to run the 07 harness in them. I know I just put the 06 bars on my 07 and 2-3 bars like everyone said and they are HOT!

As far as the 07 bars...I don't think they will ever work in a 06 or 07 if I am correct. I am sure somewhere in the pages of all this is the answer. All I know is I just threw the 06 bars on and I am good to go... :Rockon:

i have the updated bars that came w/ the harness anf the heat grips are differnt as been stated and dont have the removeable J hooks. i think there saying thatthe grips them self are differnt causing them not to heat as good as the 06' stock bars, so hence you just use the wire harness from the replacement and your good to go. from what i can tell(havent put it on yet) the stock bars w/out the new harness atre wired(hooked into) into seprate clips where the new harness hooks them together before there hooked into the clips. correct me if i have it wrong.

I still got the 06 bars and just found out I can't get the new bars and update kit, can I just rewire my factory wiring? if so how?

i just put the wire harness on my old 06' bars(still use these and not the new ones)and they basicly plug together and then into the sled wire harness w/ only one wire from each side which is yellow/red for one and black for the other. read dan's post and it shows a diagram of the new harness and the way its hooke dup so you shoud be able to make your own harness. oh way the way i had my hand warmers on 3 and they were getting hot of corse its 50 degrees out as well.

well I decided to just rewire the hot grips like the diagram in this thread, the question I have for you guys that have done it, have any of you notice any other problems after doing this mod? also what is the highest level (bars in dash) can you run it safely without melting or burning something up?

I put the 07 bars on my 06 because I crashed it and bent the original bars. The warmers suck for sure. Can I remove the grips only on the 06 bars and put them on the 07 bars. I see there is a rivet on them.

Charged RTX said:
I put the 07 bars on my 06 because I crashed it and bent the original bars. The warmers suck for sure. Can I remove the grips only on the 06 bars and put them on the 07 bars. I see there is a rivet on them.

I believe the 06 and 07 bars are a different diameter, but I could be wrong.

Casey

i just plugged in the 07' wireharness(which is only about 5" long w/ 4 ends) into the standard 06' bars like it was stated in this post by dan and it was easy and seems top heat very well. of course i havent had the sled running more then 5 minutes either.

welll i talked to my friend over the weekemd (works at a dealership) and was telling him about this subject and what i had changed and he said yamaha sent out a warning to their dealers telling them about what everyone was doing and said it was bad. he couldnt remember what it read and was going to get back to me on it. i'll keep ya posted when i find out for sure.

Back