• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Want HOT hands?..It can be done!!! EDITED FIRST POST

Try E-Bay, they have shown up there from time to time.

Apex GT LTX Grips

Does anyone know if Yamaha udgraded the grips for the 08 models? Picked up an 08 and sure don't want to have cold hands.

Re: Apex GT LTX Grips

Apex Dave said:
Does anyone know if Yamaha udgraded the grips for the 08 models? Picked up an 08 and sure don't want to have cold hands.

NOPE! I own a '08 APEX with barely any heat! and I was told by 2 different dealers that everything was normal, I'd like to go the '06 way but dealer told me I'd void WARRANTY if anything goes wrong, I have 2 more yrs of warranty to go... :o|

Blue Dave said:
Try E-Bay, they have shown up there from time to time.

Thanks, I have been checking there and looking in the classy's here. I was hoping the dealers might have some laying around after preforming the 06 recall.

Guess I learned a lesson $40 dollars late. Bought apex bars for my rx and of course bought 07 bars. Would have been nice to run across this post sooner :o| :o| :o| :o| . Can anything be done to increase heat or not.

woodchk454 said:
Guess I learned a lesson $40 dollars late. Bought apex bars for my rx and of course bought 07 bars. Would have been nice to run across this post sooner :o| :o| :o| :o| . Can anything be done to increase heat or not.

Your RX will probably be fine as the ECU won't be cutting power for the EFI. Actually, it could be an interesting test.

Just picked up a pair of 06 bars for my 07 apex i was wondering if i could put these 07 bars on my rx1 or will i still have issues? My dealer said he fixed my problem which was a bad ground HE DID'NT

So let me get this straight, by looking at the wiring diagram in this thread, what I am doing is using the black wire off one of the warmer leads and the yellow/red off the other one and connecting the yellow/red to the yellow/red on both warmer pigtails and black to the black on both warmer pigtails. Correct?????????????[/img]

Attachments

• t_07grip_wire_158.jpg
    t_07grip_wire_158.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 156
S pump said:
So let me get this straight, by looking at the wiring diagram in this thread, what I am doing is using the black wire off one of the warmer leads and the yellow/red off the other one and connecting the yellow/red to the yellow/red on both warmer pigtails and black to the black on both warmer pigtails. Correct?????????????[/img]

Anyone????

Does anyone know if Yamaha udgraded the grips for the 08 models? Picked up an 08 and sure don't want to have cold hand

I own a 08 apex gt and my handlebar warmers are to hot i have to turn them down. What kind of gloves are you guys wearing??

Back