• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Want HOT hands?..It can be done!!! EDITED FIRST POST

a silly question maybe but... has anyone looked into aftermarket bars or hot grips to determine if they would swap in for the 06' bars and be wired the same and therefore producve heat. I have the 06' bars and used the harness and so i have heat now but i wouldn't mind a wider bar.

maybe this could be the answer for guys that can't get or don't want the 06' bars? I have no clue how the aftermarket stuff is wired...

I was wondering if just the 2006 Yamaha grips could be ordered and installed / wired on the 2007+ bars, or were the 2006 bars much different from the later ones?

Somewhere back in this topic somebody already looked into this. I seem to recall that the bar diameter is different?

Blue Dave said:
Somewhere back in this topic somebody already looked into this. I seem to recall that the bar diameter is different?

Thanks Blue, I figured the answer was probably buried somewhere in the 40 pages of this topic!

hot hands

While I fired up the wife's sled today new 08 vec gt with o miles with the 06 bars I install this summer- hot,hot on 2 bars, thanks for the fix. It was luke warm on high with the 08 bars in 60 degree weather like today when I bought it home, and real toasty on 2 bars with the 06 bars today.

There"s quite a few people that have been running Dan's fix for a season or so now, and as far as I've read, there havent been any damages. I have the '07 parts to do my sled, and will be running it this season.

From what I have heard, the '06 bars in an '07 circuit will get hotter than you would ever need. Therefore foaming the bars should not be necessary.

I haven't followed this trilogy as much as some, but from what I remember, most have said that foaming the bars is only a marginal effort. But - it's a cheap fix, so no harm either way. I haven't done anything to mine, and probably won't. (foam)

Does anyone here know what the difference between the 06 and 07 bars are? I don't mean the warmers...but in shape or diameter?
Will I be losing out on anything putting the 06 bars on my 07?

the 06' bars are thicker with removalable hook's the 07' are skinner and are one piece and are worthless, with the 06' bars and the new harness you won't be putting your warmers past 3 bars or you'll cook your hands

Thanks shark. So the overall shape is the same and I won't really be losing anything and I'll have harm hands to boot! Still debating on hand gaurds and what ones work if any!
I can't belive this thread is 40 pages long!

well i just got my new updated bars from a dealer and except for the hooks they look pretty close. i cant beleave this 5" wire narness is the fix.

Back