• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What did you order?

Which Trail Model

• RTX-SE Black/Orange

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • RTX-SE Blue/White

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • RTX-LE Blue

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • LTX-SE Black/Orange

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • LTX-SE Blue/White

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • LTX-LE Red/White

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • LTX-LE Blue

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • XTX-LE 141 Blue

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • XTX-SE Blue/White

• XTX-LE 137 Red/White

• Total voters
Ohhhhh. ..f...ing great. So is their any way to make the 137 transfer without screwing up the ride? As I was talked into a 137 over the 129.

Take the transfer blocks of the shaft just place the shaft back in. If that's not enough take the shaft right out or move the brackets back. Think there is a post on the viper forums about the relocate. Ran my 129 Viper without blocks for three years no issue

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong the sled will hook up good out of the hole but it's not easy to get the front end to come up much when playing in the trails. This was something I missed when trail riding in fields ,woods etc. If you ride big open trails this isn't a problem with the 137 but I ride 50 percent woods and fields and 50 percent lakes.

Take the transfer blocks of the shaft just place the shaft back in. If that's not enough take the shaft right out or move the brackets back. Think there is a post on the viper forums about the relocate. Ran my 129 Viper without blocks for three years no issue

with the shock package on the LTX LE 137 , should you be able to address the transfer with shock adjustments ,and still have enough big bump capability ?

with the shock package on the LTX LE 137 , should you be able to address the transfer with shock adjustments ,and still have enough big bump capability ?
It will help having rebound adjustment on the LE. Faster rebound=more transfer.

In theory the 137 should be faster due to approach angle. It has a flatter angle. So you are sending that power to the ground and not up that steep angle of the 129. The 137 should be faster from the start for 2 reasons less ski lift and better hook-up. In drag racing you don't want the sled or car or whatever to lift the front end off the ground. All that is is wasted power. Up is not forward. The MTX could not be faster no matter what length it was due to it's gearing. Also I doubt the 129 or the 137 can see 128 without a gear change. So in the end don't expect much more then 124 w/out doing some work and when it comes down to having work done there is always someone out there with more.
Well said... The 129 will be faster on top end, but in all out drag race the 137 will prevail. 137 has more track on the ground and usually has a lower gear. Call D&D and ask them if you want a good answer.... They sell both Yamaha and Cat. From owning several short tracks and long tracks, the 137 will push more in the trails, will bridge the bumps better and provide a more stable ride. The 129 will handle better when it comes to tighter, twistier trails.. Longer sweepers the 137 will be better suited. You have to ask yourself how you are going to ride it. I mean.... You are at a min of 200hp, you need a track to hook it up or its just going to blow the track out.

In all the preproduction reports that we have seen or heard about the 137 have been the fastest everywhere. But again how much difference can there be. We know they are geared the same.

In all the preproduction reports that we have seen or heard about the 137 have been the fastest everywhere. But again how much difference can there be. We know they are geared the same.

Maybethe push on a 137 from tuner skis more so than the track length?

That all depends if its pushing when you are on or off the gas. Sure skis play apart of it, but track length and suspension setup is what is the biggest variable. The best skis on the market is not going to solve the pushing a 100 percent. Chassis setup is key to a certain point. When the footprint gets bigger, the more its going to push as the traction from the track forces the machine to go to where it is pointed. You won't get slot car handling out of a 137 like you would a 129 or 121. You need to buy the sled based on where you ride and the type of riding that you do..

Last edited:
That all depends if its pushing when you are on or off the gas. Sure skis play apart of it, but track length and suspension setup is what its the biggest variable. The best skis on the market is not going to solve the pushing a 100 percent. Chassis setup is key to a point. When the footprint get bigger, the more its going to push as the traction of the track forces the machine to go to where it s pointed. You won't get slot car handling out of a 137 like you would a 129 or 121. You need to buy the sled based on where you ride and the type of riding that you do..
This is what sucks, I got talked into a 137 and I totally agree with you, but dealer and rep both said 137 faster and I explained that I ride tight trails so my theory was 129. Guess I have to live with it now, ordered and done deal. Dealer said 137 is what everyone wants now but I , like you ,want it to handle.

This is what sucks, I got talked into a 137 and I totally agree with you, but dealer and rep both said 137 faster and I explained that I ride tight trails so my theory was 129. Guess I have to live with it now, ordered and done deal. Dealer said 137 is what everyone wants now but I , like you ,want it to handle.

I would call them and ask... It won't hurt to ask and if you really want it changed... Call Yamaha Customer Service. They will make it happen.. Just make sure you have it all documented. Also make sure the 129 is going to fit your driving area. If most of your trails are tight and twistie, then you don't want a 137. The 129 will be good on top end, again depending on the gears... Just be sure, before you make the call.

Yes, I would agree with that as most people desire the longer track based on comfort where as it bridges the gap between bumps better then a 121, 120 and/or 129.

Also told me resale value would be better. Any thoughts?
Guess that would depend on the demand for that track length in your area. Think there is only a 100$ price diff new. If everyone wants 137 than it will be easier for him to move so you get a better resale price

Back