• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What did you order?

Which Trail Model

• RTX-SE Black/Orange

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • RTX-SE Blue/White

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • RTX-LE Blue

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • LTX-SE Black/Orange

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • LTX-SE Blue/White

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • LTX-LE Red/White

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • LTX-LE Blue

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • XTX-LE 141 Blue

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • XTX-SE Blue/White

• XTX-LE 137 Red/White

• Total voters
I cant wait to ride my RTX LE 129 sidewinder.......I will be like a kid on Christmas morning...
I know what you mean. I'm very pumped to ride the new sled and more excited to be getting back on a shorter track sled after 3 seasons on the 137. Also looking forward to having a quiet ride compared to my boosted cat. Is it Sept yet!

Heck I cant wait to read about you guys and your first rides...........should be incredible power, ride and handling.

There seems to be a lot of negative towards the 137" track in this thread. Do we know for sure there hasn't been any changes to the geometry to let it transfer better? I ordered the 137, I have always rode that length of said and never had the opportunity to ride a 129 in the pro cross chasis so I don't know what I'm missing out on. I do ride a variety or trails from wide open to tight and twisty. I do like the sounds of how fun the 129 sounds I hope I don't regret my decision with the 137. You guys are making the 129 sound fun, that's one thing I hoped for more with the 137, I would like to be able to lift the skis on demand.

There seems to be a lot of negative towards the 137" track in this thread. Do we know for sure there hasn't been any changes to the geometry to let it transfer better? I ordered the 137, I have always rode that length of said and never had the opportunity to ride a 129 in the pro cross chasis so I don't know what I'm missing out on. I do ride a variety or trails from wide open to tight and twisty. I do like the sounds of how fun the 129 sounds I hope I don't regret my decision with the 137. You guys are making the 129 sound fun, that's one thing I hoped for more with the 137, I would like to be able to lift the skis on demand.
I've ridden the 129 for 5yrs now on a 800 and love it but after listening to these posts, I think I'm going to try and change my order from 137 to the 129. My 800 transfers like crazy and is insane on tight trails.

I loved my 137 ZR9000. I only sold it because I want a Yamaha engine and clutching. I'm confident that all of you that are concerned about the 137 will be pleased.

Keep in mind we know for sure the 129 geometry did change. So 137 and 129 may be closer in transfer than before. I would not sweat it either way. The shocks and springs on the new sleds have really helped both lengths transfer much better than the older Vipers. Heck at Geneva there were a few guys SnoX on 137 cats.

I don't think it's negativity. Just opinions. Honestly I don't think you can go wrong either way and really, it comes down to what each individual rider is looking for in a sled package.

LTX-LE, Blue, Meyers Yamaha, Ishpeming

I don't think it's negativity. Just opinions. Honestly I don't think you can go wrong either way and really, it comes down to what each individual rider is looking for in a sled package.
The negative talk is based on prior experience , which may not necessarily be as valid/relevant as imagined .
The 129 and 137 LE skids , are the same , forgetting the impact of the shocks , except for 4 inches of additional track on the ground .
Assuming the above is true , that 4 inches of track on the ground , or 8 inches of total track length , or even the additional 4 inches of rails , should not , IMO , cause a noticeable affect on the transfer of the sled .
Settings and shocks create the difference , and if the shocks are exactly the same , then you should be able to match the settings , on each skid.
Most or all comparisons , I believe , are with skids that have different shocks , and are set up differently , or there is actually a difference in the skids , that causes the difference in transfer .
I believe the big advantage of the 137 over the 129 , is increased traction , and stability.
The extra 4 inches , of track on the ground should not have a negative impact on the handling of the sled , and IMHO , should actually have a positive impact .
Track selection , IMHO , should have a much greater affect in handling , than that 4 inches ever will .
ASSUMING ALL OTHER COMPONENTS ARE IDENTICAL .
My opinions are based on having ridden 121 and 144 tipped up versions , of a similar sled , not an identical sled .
I am getting the 137 , based on my beliefs , and about 80 % of all purchasers on the poll are also buying the 137 !
The bottom line is all SIDEWINDER PURCHASERS , should be very happy !!!!!!!!!!!!

The negative talk is based on prior experience , which may not necessarily be as valid/relevant as imagined .
The 129 and 137 LE skids , are the same , forgetting the impact of the shocks , except for 4 inches of additional track on the ground .
Assuming the above is true , that 4 inches of track on the ground , or 8 inches of total track length , or even the additional 4 inches of rails , should not , IMO , cause a noticeable affect on the transfer of the sled .
Settings and shocks create the difference , and if the shocks are exactly the same , then you should be able to match the settings , on each skid.
Most or all comparisons , I believe , are with skids that have different shocks , and are set up differently , or there is actually a difference in the skids , that causes the difference in transfer .
I believe the big advantage of the 137 over the 129 , is increased traction , and stability.
The extra 4 inches , of track on the ground should not have a negative impact on the handling of the sled , and IMHO , should actually have a positive impact .
Track selection , IMHO , should have a much greater affect in handling , than that 4 inches ever will .
ASSUMING ALL OTHER COMPONENTS ARE IDENTICAL .
My opinions are based on having ridden 121 and 144 tipped up versions , of a similar sled , not an identical sled .
I am getting the 137 , based on my beliefs , and about 80 % of all purchasers on the poll are also buying the 137 !
The bottom line is all SIDEWINDER PURCHASERS , should be very happy !!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad you are excited about your purchase. Best of luck with your new sled.

Last edited:
Ordered new LTX LE in blue from Powersports 1 in Little Chute. Next winter better be a good one!

La nina is coming! Last good winter we had in central Wi was when I snowchecked my cat in 2013/2014 winter. So i figure since I ordered a new Sidwinder Rtx Le we are going to get pounded this coming winter! Fingers crossed.

here are the facts...many sleds raced...apples to apples setups...800 etecs...cat turbos....the 137's (141's too with cats although I dont like their handling being non coupled) are faster holeshot AND TOP END very surprisingly to many of us...on the etecs even when the gearing says the shorty should prevail...yes the track return angle must be a factor.....and yes...transfer is less...as said...get a second set of blocks and sand down....or put the shaft in with a piece of rubber heater hose over it....or remove the shaft and blocks..

missing some of the transfer (which I like) couldnt make me go back to a 129 after countless trials otherwise...yet alone the ride difference with no noticeable perception of loss of ride quality...yes at 180 lbs my 137 zr9000 was a corner to corner beast..

This is what sucks, I got talked into a 137 and I totally agree with you, but dealer and rep both said 137 faster and I explained that I ride tight trails so my theory was 129. Guess I have to live with it now, ordered and done deal. Dealer said 137 is what everyone wants now but I , like you ,want it to handle.

Unless you are running in a maze...I guarantee it will handle...and I can help you tune it further....I think you made the right choice..

the only X factor on handling to me is the tuner skis....personally mine are coming right off..

Back