• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What did you order?

Which Trail Model

• RTX-SE Black/Orange

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • RTX-SE Blue/White

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • RTX-LE Blue

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • LTX-SE Black/Orange

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • LTX-SE Blue/White

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • LTX-LE Red/White

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • LTX-LE Blue

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • XTX-LE 141 Blue

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • XTX-SE Blue/White

• XTX-LE 137 Red/White

• Total voters
if you need it to not push and handle on tight trails ,i'd try a set of pilot r skis with 4" carbide on round bars .the simmions also work good on the 4stk. doos .they might work on the sw.

if you need it to not push and handle on tight trails ,i'd try a set of pilot r skis with 4" carbide on round bars .the simmions also work good on the 4stk. doos .they might work on the sw.

pilot r's are point and shoot on hardpack...had them on my etec BUT in the loose and deep they are terrible...even my little etec sunk like a rock in the fluff..

Last edited:
Apparently I'm in a little bit of a minority by ordering a red and white XTX LE 137. I just liked the color, taller bars, and the 1 3/4" track. I know the taller track will compromise speed but I'm not a lake racer, I'm all about corner to corner acceleration and grip and feel this track will be good for that.

Apparently I'm in a little bit of a minority by ordering a red and white XTX LE 137. I just liked the color, taller bars, and the 1 3/4" track. I know the taller track will compromise speed but I'm not a lake racer, I'm all about corner to corner acceleration and grip and feel this track will be good for that.

Nothing wrong with your choice to order a XTX LE 137. It sounds like you did your research and chose the right sled for your riding conditions and personal preference. Experience counts. I was torn between your sled and the LTX LE and went with the LTX for my riding conditions. Great choice of colors....I went for the red/white also ;)!

Who knows, if there's not that many LE 137" XTX 'Winders out on the snow next year yours might be the hidden gem on the snow!

Cheers.

Nothing wrong with your choice to order a XTX LE 137. It sounds like you did your research and chose the right sled for your riding conditions and personal preference. Experience counts. I was torn between your sled and the LTX LE and went with the LTX for my riding conditions. Great choice of colors....I went for the red/white also ;)!

Who knows, if there's not that many LE 137" XTX 'Winders out on the snow next year yours might be the hidden gem on the snow!

Cheers.
I also chose the LE LTX red/white ,but am looking at changing the track to the 1.5 ripper , or the 1.6 ice cobra , with additional studding , as I think there will be too much power to hook up , with less.

6 Yammies , and never a blue one yet !

RTX LE. I see most are going for the longer track. Not worried about traction with short track since I am quite heavy. Interesting results though.

Last edited:
So with the awesome help of my dealer, I was able to change my order. Same track length but those better shocks on the LE would have haunted me every time I saw an LE. Now I won't need to add the accessory heated seat or change the windshield. RTX-LE. Better find a new avatar pic. By the way, I'm assuming Procross Cat windshields are interchangeable with the Sidewinder and T-Cat? This is the one I want.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.6 KB · Views: 156
So with the awesome help of my dealer, I was able to change my order. Same track length but those better shocks on the LE would have haunted me every time I saw an LE. Now I won't need to add the accessory heated seat or change the windshield. RTX-LE. Better find a new avatar pic. By the way, I'm assuming Procross Cat windshields are interchangeable with the Sidewinder and T-Cat? This is the one I want.

I need more protection than that... :) but damn it looks cool.

I need more protection than that... :) but damn it looks cool.

I've never owned a Viper based sled before. Just wondering how easy/difficult it is to swap out the windshields on these sleds?

I'm with MrSled.....I'd like a badazzz looking sled but when it's buttazzz cold out I'd like something with a little more protection from the wind.

Just don't over tighten them. You will strip the plastic. Also if Yamaha offers the windshield pictured it will most likely be less $ then the cat branded one. (everything else is).

Back