• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What was your very first Snowmobile?

1972 ski-doo nordic and 1972 Elan.
Was out of sledding until 1996 when I bought an XT-600.

mine was a new 1976 gp246 it rocked loved it

My first sled was a 1972 Elan. Amazing how fast I thought I was... somehow seemed like I was on some sort of racing machine.... Sure was alot of fun.

I started out on the almighty 1975 440z cat. 3 gallon tank to, you could go any where on it as long as it was close to home or gas pump.

I started late in life at age 35 with a 1972 Olympic donated to me by my brother-in-law in the mid 90's . Replaced the blown 399 with a 300 single. Then, the 300 seized solid on its maiden voyage. Ended up donating it to an antique sled enthusiast. The whole experience almost made me give up the sport.

Then in the late 90's, picked up a '92 Safari L 377 and the rest is history....

First Family Sled was a 1964 model called a Husky. Had motor portion up front with twin track drive with wooden cleats. It pulled a sled type seat that would hold two. When going across Lake with little snow the wooden cleats actually caught on fire. Went thru deep snow really well, but was really slow. I think maybe 12hp.

Back