• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whos Got the Most Miles on there 2007 Phazer so far

phazerfly said:
Its an FX, and it hasn't missed a beat yet, none of the problems I'm reading about here. Its a great sled.
I thought that the rear shock needs more rebound(slower). It kicked a few times in some bumpy areas.
We didn't notice the front skid to bottom.
Maybe once we get some snow, we could tell LOL!!!

350 KM on mine and I like it a lot more now that the initial break in period is over. No problems so far other than the irritating ice build up and oh ya the emblem is gone.

5 miles and that is only because after planning to snowmobile the week of Christmas I did nothing but work on my garage and watch 5" of snow fall in a 4 day period with still no trails opened. So on New Years eve we decided to go get the the Phazer and my wife's 06 Nytro that was just picked up also and put a whopping 5.2 miles on it riding around the campground. We rode our sleds while my 6 year old rode her Raptor 50 around practicing her sliding on it. Hopefully this weekend we will get to ride but it doesn't look positive as of yet.

Hey GypsyRoots: Just wondering how your girlfriends sled is at starting? Is there a difference between the two machines? My MP has never really given me much problem starting but then we haven't had the real cold here either. Topper

Yellowknife said:
Mine fired up this morning after the circ heater being plugged in for 35 minutes. The temperature was -37 C (-35 F)
Yellowknife: Where did you mount your water heater. Yours seems to be working good so hope to get it in the same place. If you had a pic it would be nice but I realize it is quite a chore to get in there to get one. Thanks. Topper

Really? That's interesting...but the EFI shouldn't only rely on coolant temp...it should be adjusting its mixture based or air intake temperature and exhaust temperature. It idles like normal when it fires up, the same at all temps....2700 rpm until it warms up and then idles at 1650 - 1700 rpm.

GypsyRoots said:
RedRX1 said:
Any of you highmilers do long rides yet.... Hows that seat feel after 200 mi in a day.

The seat on the Venture Lite is awesome!!! My buddy's FX seems like a thong...Ouch!
Good description, at least that's what my wife tells me as I don't wear a thong. LaLaLa

My wife has 702 miles on her FX so far, and other than the hole in the tunnel getting her feet wet, she has fallen in love with the machine. (the yamaha tunnel panels fixed that) The sled has had no problems so far, gets over 18 mpg riding HARD, pulled 88 mph on radar gun @ rib lake Dec. 9th, and runs alongside my SX-R 700 until 55 or 60.
On a stretch of ungroomed railroad grade in Michigan over new years, I could barely keep up with her as the bumps were so huge horsepower was not a factor in how fast you could go (about 75 indicated) suspension was the limiting factor. I would consider riding one for next season myself, period, and wish she would let me take it out more!

Back