• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wife’s chest too big for these bibs?

Sorry to see the HF box all beat up. I ordered a 27 inch top and bottom for hardware storage. I ordered it and had it delivered to a local store. When it arrived, I had the store staff uncrate it. I inspected it and had them help load into my truck.

I ordered a new bumper for the Viper from BDX and brought that to work with me to install it. I work 12-16hr days a lot and I can always slip in some government work when I’m caught up with my work. They are gonna pay me to be there anyway for just in case situations so I get my stuff done when I can.
I had this 2 place home from when I brought my Winder down so I just left the Viper on the trailer and left it at work that week. And as you can see, we did get a little snow but still not enough to ride up north and it was going into the second week of January.
IMG_2813.jpeg

IMG_2817.jpeg

IMG_2823.jpeg

IMG_2827.jpeg

Sorry to see the HF box all beat up. I ordered a 27 inch top and bottom for hardware storage. I ordered it and had it delivered to a local store. When it arrived, I had the store staff uncrate it. I inspected it and had them help load into my truck.
That’s the only way to do it. But the 56” in white was online only, had to pay $150 for shipping to my door. Didn’t have an option to deliver to store. They didn’t have another one in white to ship out a replacement either. Bad experience to say the least

The very next weekend, January 17th I believe, southern Wisconsin got some decent snow so Nick and I headed to a place just northeast of Janesville called Johnson Creek for an extended weekend.
IMG_2837.jpeg

First day started off a little rocky for me, I think I made it 1/4 mile before I ran out of talent and rolled my Viper going into a turn. I didn’t ride the Viper the previous year, only the Winder and I forgot how tippy that 38” wide front end is but was reminded real quick.
IMG_2833.jpeg

No damage other than my ego and was back in the saddle without any other incidents the rest of the trip, on my end that is.
IMG_2835.jpeg

IMG_2834.jpeg

You know I can be long winded so I’ll make this short. Nick put a clutch kit in his sled over the summer and by mid afternoon the first day he was having trouble getting his sled into reverse. He thought he had the belt adjusted too tight so that night he backed it off a little thinking that would do it. It didn’t. The sled was hard starting and wanted to creep at idle. We backed it off more and still same thing. Tried swapping belts, same. Ended up at Ron’s Powersports the next day and we spent the entire day tearing his clutch apart clearancing windows for the ramps, taking material off the inner sheave where the ramps sit, replaced the outer plate, replaced the inner sheave, we tried everything and they allowed us to canabalize a new sled for parts to try different things. We spent all day there, actually 2 hrs past closing, they never charged us a dime and besides letting us tear apart a machine and try different parts, the owner Ron and a tech spent time trying to help us figure this thing out.
Finally I said we’ll just go back to hotel and I’ll install all the stock parts back into the primary because that has to fix it. And that’s what I did.

Last edited:
IMG_2841.jpeg

IMG_2845.jpeg

IMG_2855.jpeg

Figured that had to fix it but it didn’t. We needed 3-5/8 of an inch between inner and outer sheave but we could only get 3-1/2 no matter what we did. We measured that new clutch and knew what we needed but could never get there for some reason.
IMG_2854.jpeg

He just dealt with it the rest of our time there. We only had that one last day after all that.
So I ended up only getting 318 miles on my Viper last season and never had the Winder on snow.

Last edited:
But I did a thing regardless of not being able to ride. I ordered a new 25 Sidewinder XTX LE.
IMG_3117.jpeg

IMG_3069.jpeg

IMG_3070.jpeg

You only live once and you can’t take it with ya. It’s the last year of Yamaha and I’ve never bought a new sled so if I was ever going to, this is the one.

My daughter was really disappointed last season and wanted to ride. She made momma take a picture of her next to the Viper before I took it back up north.

IMG_4670.jpeg

I made sure she came with me the next trip up. Nothing for us to ride on but as luck would have it, we woke up to 3” of fresh powder and she got to tear up the yard on her 120.
IMG_2998.jpeg

IMG_2996.jpeg

My wife bought me a Rott in August and as it turns out he loves being up north just as much as the rest of us and his predecessor Lola. His name is Mulder. He still needs to learn how to act on long drives but that’ll come with experience.
IMG_2883.jpeg

While we were up there I put up some helmet hangers and a pipe for hanging our gear.
IMG_2877.jpeg

IMG_2878.jpeg

Some working can lights and a baseboard heater were another couple accomplishments considering it was just my wife, daughter and dog with me that weekend.
IMG_3179.jpeg

IMG_3180.jpeg

And I also put up the last of the drywall on the outside. I will eventually get around to installing an exterior door as well.
IMG_3178.jpeg

I’ve been trying to get the sled garage organized with the little time I’ve had while up there. It’s been a mess and I really need a new box for the tools that are overflowing my poor old tool chest.

IMG_3177.jpeg

I condensed down to one shelf unit from 2 by putting up a shelf hanging from the ceiling.
IMG_3176.jpeg

As you can see on back wall, bins containing spare parts are up and out of the way. I may need to add on to other garage soon because we added a Vector and the new Sidewinder to the fleet and I might get my wife a new sled too. Nick is buying a new Backcountry as well.
IMG_2989.jpeg

As far as this Winder goes, I’m going to pull primary and use it on the new sled. Still have to get the button secondary worked to use that as well. This sled will get a new set of STM clutches
Decided to hold off on the radiator and went with a bigger intercooler and will also run a fan on intercooler. We will see how it does with closed loop and bigger IC before I add the weight of a radiator.
And yes, this is a Vinny unit.
IMG_3426.jpeg

Last edited:
Bought this cheap $180 Black Ice sled lift just to see how it was. Didn’t come with casters so I drilled my own holes and installed nutserts to mount some.
IMG_2990.jpeg

IMG_2991.jpeg

The jack is tiny and I don’t trust it. Especially because it doesn’t get the uprights standing in a vertical position, there’s always going to be applied force to the jack and can cause it to strip internally and will come crashing down. For this reason I will be replacing that jack and adjusting it so it will stand vertical. For now I just have the Vector on it with nothing in its wake behind it in case it does come crashing down.
IMG_2992.jpeg

I did make another one from steel tubing which makes them heavy but solid as a brick sheet house. This is the third one I’ve made now.
IMG_3255.jpeg

Bro, when do you take a break? Lol. Don't forget to save me a spot on the helmet rack!
That Vinnie guy does great work, and he's super cool....

Bro, when do you take a break? Lol. Don't forget to save me a spot on the helmet rack!
That Vinnie guy does great work, and he's super cool....
I always have something going on, I’d be lost if I woke up one day and nothing to do. My friends tell me I’m like a shark, if I stop moving I’ll die.
There’ll always be a helmet rack for you to come ride with us. We will make that happen.
I’m gonna move that IC forward enough to get a fan behind it. Definitely a nice unit ans I think it will help keep my sled cooler if I can move air thru it and into the engine compartment. I’m holding off on the radiator to see how it does.

Back