• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Will a SkiDoo Renegade Track fit the Attak??

Tinman1944

VIP Member
I found a Ski Doo 16 x 136 x 1 1/4 stock track, like new, fully studded. Will this track work on an Apex Attak? Question and toughts.

I dont think so. Different pitch. Ski Doo has 2.86 pitch and Yamaha has 2.52

--Steve (O.C.)

PS. It has to do with the spacing on the cogs on the drive shaft (how far the track windows are apart and where the cogs hit the track) Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I don't think that the rails r wider and u could replace the drivers and put on a set of extroverts.

I'm not sure if the lug height or the track width will fit. But in regards to the track pitch .... if it came off an '07 or older Renegade, then the pitch is the same as your Attak (2.52). If it came off an '08 or newer (the XP chassis) then the pitch is different (2.86).

The distance between the rails is the same on the Doo as your Attak.

Doo's new XP Gade track is 2.86 pitch and 137 long, single ply. I don't think the 16 wide will work on a Yamaha.

KnappAttack said:
Doo's new XP Gade track is 2.86 pitch and 137 long, single ply. I don't think the 16 wide will work on a Yamaha.

You're right ... I forgot about the difference in length ... Rev style = 136", XP style = 137".

From what I know the track off a 05 Renegade has the same pitch that is on a Attak 2.52

The track is wider. Not the rail width.

It should fit

You'll have to do a little modification to the tunnel with regards to the rivets and bolts? If I can find it, I'll post the thread. I recently saw that someone put a 16" track in a Yamaha. If someone else knows which one I'm talking about, post it?
If the track is a 137, realisically it will only move your rear axle back a tiny bit. It shouldn't be enought to run out of adjustment?

16" Track Fit ?

Not sure this got resolved. Will the 136 x 16 track fit ? It is a 136 x 16 x 1.25 and is a 2.52 pitch. I am sure there is 1/2 clearance on the sides of the tunnel on my attak. Please chime in if you know.

Well my MTX runs a 16" wide track. I don't think the tunnels are any different other than the drop brackets and tunnel extensions and maybe longer running board heat exchangers which I can't remember for sure or not. The 16" wide track will work per the skid and the drivers you just need to go measure your tunnel to make sure you have at least 16.25" inside dimension. I know my MTX has about 1/8" - 1/4" clearance on either side and I have to pay special detail to adjusting the track tension to make sure the track is aligned with the tunnel so it doesn't rub.
Thats my $0.02.

track

if it is a 16" wide track it will not work in a ATTAK. Its is to wide, it rubs on the 2 nuts that your front of the rear suspension mount to, also it rubs on the rear drop brackets,

BUT you can make it work by cutting it like I DID. check out the pictures of how EZ it is.

http://gallery.me.com/rx1woody#100210

If interested I can give you more instructions for a perfect cut.

Back