• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Cutting Production for 2019

If anyone can mess up a good thing it’s Textron. Textron took over four separate equipment companies in my field and they went from being the best to the worst. I hope it’s different in this case and only time will tell.

That's right! Market numbers are low & most likely won't increase much due to sooo much saturation of good sleds out there & high cost of buying new for a shrinking season. Heck, there are tons of good 2010-2014 sleds with low miles dirt cheap. I believe Yamaha will stay with their name on an AC sled at least 5 years. Having four seasons of toys & equipment in the store is VERY important. That's one reason why Textron bought AC in the first place.

I can see it going one of a couple ways. Either 1)things will go on the same with the chassis/engine agreement 2) Yamaha transitions to the Suzuki role of the past being just an engine supplier or the option I would like to see 3) textron sells Arctic cat to Yamaha and Yamaha ditches "Yamaha" branded sleds and strictly handles cats. Only time will tell

Blasphemy
I would never have bought a Yamaha if they didn't merge with cat in the first place. That's just the millennial in me I guess. We have been put on this earth to ruin everything for everyone haha.

Us geezers know better than to let social media speculation ruin our dreams. :bump:

I would have been all over this in the past, but now, I would take any of the 7 choices, except #4!

The sno scoot 200 tells me yamaha wants to invest in the next generation of riders. The snoscoots certainly are not the big money making sleds, so if Yamaha did not have a long term plan to stay in the industry there's no sense in building such a sled.
I hope you are right! I do know that the dealer makes absolutely nothing on the snoscoot!

Is this the speculation 2019 thread? boy and it is only September I thought it would start in July.

Yawn..... it all comes down to the next Textron/Yamaha OEM Agreement and that will define direction of both companies. Until then I'm kinda bored with the speculation thing. The agreement ends at 5 years.

I
Is this the speculation 2019 thread? boy and it is only September I thought it would start in July.

No, it's a question about Yamaha's planning in long term.

I

No, it's a question about Yamaha's planning in long term.
Idk about Sweden but Yamaha North America is ending Apex and Vector in 2018 so that leaves Yamacats mfg in TRF and maybe Phazer in Japan in 2019. Snow in USA midwest region has been non existent for trail riders so all OEMs sat on their hands for 2018 models. The plan is to stop mfg of Japan built sleds that we know and TRF will produce Yamaha branded sleds as long as there is an OEM Agreement. That's the plan.

The sno scoot 200 tells me yamaha wants to invest in the next generation of riders. The snoscoots certainly are not the big money making sleds, so if Yamaha did not have a long term plan to stay in the industry there's no sense in building such a sled.
Or maybe 200 and Scoot never would have happened if not a shared cost development project between 2 OEMs. Not worth the investment for 1 company. As said very little profit for anyone in sales of those sleds.

Back