• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Cutting Production for 2019

I hear what you're saying, but not sure i fully agree with your whole statement. The Sidewinder is a huge success, but it is on a 6 year old chassis. This motor is THE talk anywhere i go. People come outside & walk right by my buds' 850 to ask me questions about the 'Winder.

I think the TEXTRON deal with AC is going to dictate where Yamaha goes next. There are many possibilities here:

1. the deal stays the same & Yamaha supplies some engines & uses AC chassis
2. deal stays , but the Big Y adds an updated chassis of their own to cross-over when deal is done
3. Textron & Yamaha completely separate causing Yamaha to build their own sleds
4. Textron & Yamaha completely separate causing Yamaha to leave the sled business
5. Textron actually INCREASES use of Yamaha motors in other areas making Yamaha a lot of $$$ and still having sleds
6. Yamaha SNAPS! Builds whole new chassis & line-up with a variety of engines including a mountain 2-stroke
7. MrSled gets a headache & gets rid of this thread all together if it gets nasty

Although most people want #6, i think a combination of 1,2 & 5 are most likely.

With all due respect, related to #5, if you think Textron is going to enter into a deal that allows Yamaha to make a lot of money, you are not in tune with what happens in the global business world.

I posted #5 as a possible option. "IF" Yamaha were to sell other motors to Textron, they WILL make money. They are a motor building company. It's what they do. I think they would rather be an engine supplier than a snowmobile builder. Every motor they sell offsets their original R&D & tooling costs. Textron makes a lot of bland vehicles. Again, "IF" they want to get more performance orientated, can you think of a better engine supplier? Again, i do not believe #5 will happen, but geese, i've been wrong every year we speculate these scenarios. That's why i listed 7 options....covered my arse

I posted #5 as a possible option. "IF" Yamaha were to sell other motors to Textron, they WILL make money. They are a motor building company. It's what they do. I think they would rather be an engine supplier than a snowmobile builder. Every motor they sell offsets their original R&D & tooling costs. Textron makes a lot of bland vehicles. Again, "IF" they want to get more performance orientated, can you think of a better engine supplier? Again, i do not believe #5 will happen, but geese, i've been wrong every year we speculate these scenarios. That's why i listed 7 options....covered my arse

This a new species of bird?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

This a new species of bird?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Geese have been around for a million years, but this may be the first time they are used as an expression. I may just be a trend setter, even if by mistake. I looked up the definition of MODERATOR & nowhere does it say "ballbreaker". lol

Idk about Sweden but Yamaha North America is ending Apex and Vector in 2018 so that leaves Yamacats mfg in TRF and maybe Phazer in Japan in 2019. Snow in USA midwest region has been non existent for trail riders so all OEMs sat on their hands for 2018 models. The plan is to stop mfg of Japan built sleds that we know and TRF will produce Yamaha branded sleds as long as there is an OEM Agreement. That's the plan.

I read that yamaha is not going to make the apex 4 cyl. for 2019 but I did not see or read anything that said they were going to discontinue the 3 cyl. vectors. If I am wrong can you show me where it said that.

I read that yamaha is not going to make the apex 4 cyl. for 2019 but I did not see or read anything that said they were going to discontinue the 3 cyl. vectors. If I am wrong can you show me where it said that.
True no formal announcement regarding discountenuance of Vector but you have to ask where the chassis parts are coming from with no Apex orders? Viper replaces Vector imo easy peasy transition. If Vector not gone in 2019 it is on life support.

Lets face it Yamaha is dead and done as a sled manufacture! That leaves three choices, Cat, Doo or Polaris! As Cat does not have a NA sled in the 150 -160 hp nor does Doo or Poo there is no sled to replace the Apex and no reason to upgrade! Just keep riding the best sled ever built till someone builds one better! Apex sucks, Turbos blow! Blow is a figure of speech, suck is what we want!

Lets face it Yamaha is dead and done as a sled manufacture! That leaves three choices, Cat, Doo or Polaris! As Cat does not have a NA sled in the 150 -160 hp nor does Doo or Poo there is no sled to replace the Apex and no reason to upgrade! Just keep riding the best sled ever built till someone builds one better! Apex sucks, Turbos blow! Blow is a figure of speech, suck is what we want!
We don't know that YET.... Textron could come back and sign a kick #*$&@ OEM Agreement and get into R&D big time if the money is there. It's all in the hands of Textron no brainer that Yamaha wants to continue with the current arrangement or a more indepth agreement.

We don't know that YET.... Textron could come back and sign a kick #*$&@ OEM Agreement and get into R&D big time if the money is there. It's all in the hands of Textron no brainer that Yamaha wants to continue with the current arrangement or a more indepth agreement.
Just stop....Yamaha likes selling Arctic Cat/Textron snowmobiles. They are selling more of them than Yamaha has done at any time in the last 10 years. Yamaha is making money and keeping their dealers happy. Textron is making money, and even before the buy out the AC snowmobile division was making money. It has been over for years, Yamaha is done with snowmobiles.

I hope they stay in the snowmobile business. I really don't want to choose between the other brands.Between what I have owned, my brother and friends...I'd rather not.

True no formal announcement regarding discountenuance of Vector but you have to ask where the chassis parts are coming from with no Apex orders? Viper replaces Vector imo easy peasy transition. If Vector not gone in 2019 it is on life support.

As a 3X Vector owner and potential Viper owner I'd like Yamaha to know they need to convincingly get to the bottom of the Viper Starter kickback issues before -.02 come out of my pocket for one. They want to use the Viper motor across multiple platforms? Fine. Put the original rods across the other applications too.

Back