• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha only built 3,000 sleds in 2010?

Ohhhh we want the cadillac for the price of a chevy now I see LOL

Just bustin chops, it is expensive because it is the ferrari of sleds.

People that think no one will pay for that are out of touch I think they will sell gobs of them. I'm willing to bet the majority of thier sales are people financing them so whats $10 more a month.

You and I well we have to pay cash for a toy but there are lots and lots of people that make a payment every month for stuff they shouldn't afford.

kinger said:

People that think no one will pay for that are out of touch I think they will sell gobs of them. I'm willing to bet the majority of thier sales are people financing them so whats $10 more a month.

You and I well we have to pay cash for a toy but there are lots and lots of people that make a payment every month for stuff they shouldn't afford.

Yamaha is hardly the Ferrari of Snowmobiling. The whole concept of Scuderia Ferrari is Racing. Since the 70's Yamaha has not been that proactive on the racing scene. The last Ferraris Yamaha made was the SRX 440 and it was a true Ferrari. The Ferrari of today would better be applied on Cat or Poo. Maybe even on Doo but never Yamaha.

I dont know how many sleds Yamaha builds but I know that in Sweden they sell about 2000 sleds a year. The sled consumption is less than 1 percent of world sales. So I think Yamaha builds lots more than 3000 sleds.

I also know that about 30 - 40 percent of the sleds sold in Sweden is touring */bouring/* machines and the next biggest is utility sleds. I can see a similar pattern i US-CAN so...

What Yamaha is doing is to put their strength into the segments their the most sleds are sold.

Good or bad? I dont know but as long as they dont build any funny machines as they did back in the old Golf-car division era I promise I will never buy a Yamaha... as long as I dont want a wood-hauler.

But the topic was 3k sleds, I dont think so.

This came to me a few weeks ago..

2009-2010 snowmobile market share

Arctic Cat 08-09 22.1% 09-10 24.0% up 1.9%
Ski-Doo 08-09 42.7% 09-10 43.0% up 0.3%
Polaris 08-09 16.7% 09-10 20.3% up 3.5%
Yamaha 08-09 18.5% 09-10 12.7% - 5.8%

Interesting.

RunninRX1 said:

Interesting.

As glad as I am for the Cat figure I'm getting quite worried about the Yammie sells. Yamaha need to be more pro active.

RunninRX1 said:

Interesting.

That seems about right, and with that shown, now people can see why I am saying yamaha can't afford any more loss here. Theres probably 80% skidoo and 20% mixed riders around my area, I dont want to lose even more of that, lol!

Where I ride its 90% doo that you see, I saw one other polaris rush on the trails this winter besides our own (what does that tell you) I see mostly Apex sleds when I do see yamaha sleds riding around I saw max 4 nytro's all winter.

I found that when we were further north I saw more Cat's and Yamaha sleds but around bancroft area its alot more doo than anything else.

You see some polaris but for the most part I see Rev's and rev Xp's more than anything.

TurboJamie said:
Where I ride its 90% doo that you see, I saw one other polaris rush on the trails this winter besides our own (what does that tell you) I see mostly Apex sleds when I do see yamaha sleds riding around I saw max 4 nytro's all winter.

I found that when we were further north I saw more Cat's and Yamaha sleds but around bancroft area its alot more doo than anything else.

You see some polaris but for the most part I see Rev's and rev Xp's more than anything.

Yea same around here.

here in the north,i see alot of doos and alot of yammis,there is 4 yammi dealer in a 50 mile radius,maybe that's why,then its cat and some older poo's,i'm thinking we will see more poo's next season with there improved line up

First time I walked in the dealer here in Alberta I was greeted by a turbo Phazer, turbo Nytro, turbo Apex and a bunch of modified Cats. Oil patch guys with tons of $$. Dealer moves 80% Cat, 20% Yamaha

I think alot depends on the dealer and what they like to push people into. Our local dealer handles all 4 brands but they always have a far amount of ski-doos on the showroom floor.

Interesting info about Cat's emission compliancy. IMO, they are the only OEM offering a decent two stroke. I wonder how they keep the O2 sensor from getting carboned up? It appears their technology is well proven since it has been used in the automotive world for a long, long time. I'd trust it a lot more than Doo's eTec or the junk CFI systems Polaris offers.

The market share was surprising! I wasn't aware that Polaris dropped to 4th in '08-'09. I had not heard that before. It doesn't seem like the case here in Alaska. I see quite a few Polaris sleds on the trails and at the races. I do tend to see more Doo's but not as many Cats. I definitely do not see many Yamaha's. They are not at all popular up here.

pwa said:
kinger said:

Yamaha is hardly the Ferrari of Snowmobiling. The whole concept of Scuderia Ferrari is Racing. Since the 70's Yamaha has not been that proactive on the racing scene. The last Ferraris Yamaha made was the SRX 440 and it was a true Ferrari. The Ferrari of today would better be applied on Cat or Poo. Maybe even on Doo but never Yamaha.
...I think that you took that wrong..Yamaha IS the Ferrari as they are the BEST built sled out there..AND --do not kid your self --CAN be the fastest !!

RunninRX1 said:

Interesting.

The only reason Yamaha is down is that you dont have to buy a new one every year like the other 3.

What funny is that here, In North Eastern MINNESOTA, There are more Yamaha and Skidoo sleds on the trails than Arctic Cat and Polaris. Both AC and Poo are made in Minnesota and less than 200 miles away. I've seen many mixed reports on sled sales. The one a few posts above show Polaris last but I've also seen one in the past few weeks that showed Polaris as #2 and AC as #4. I agree, with the reliable 4 strokes that Yamaha has that MANY people are going to keep there Yamaha longer before getting a new sled, I'd really like to see the percentage of sled REGISTERED in each state, no just new ones sold in a year. I bet Yamaha has higher percentage of sleds registered than new sleds sold compared to the other Big 3. Yamaha DID have a big spike in sales when the RX1 came out, which is sales taken from other sled manufactures, but now there probably isn't nearly as many to "convert". I'm one of those "ride it until it breaks in half" type people, I only get a new sled every 6 or 7 years.

Back