• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHEATER Nice Warm Hands for 03 - Current Yamaha 4 Strokes

You are going to know this stuff better than most! lol :Rockon:

It really is easy, easier to do than explain.
Yes, you do have to remove the cowling, but it is easy.
You remove the chrome trim ring at the bottom of the riser(2 screws), then a few hex screws on the cowling.
You do NOT have to remove the Speedo pod, just the cowling.
There is a large rubber boot under it that has all the connections you need in it.

If you REALLY take your time, you will still be done in an hour or so.

I don't have directions with pics specifically for the Vector yet, will you take a bunch?
If you could, I can do a write up on it and post it for everyone. ;)!

Hope this helps. :flag:

Rock :-o

PS SNOWDOG is posting a video soon that shows the install of a SLEDSTART.
What you need to remove is basically the same, will post the link as soon as it is posted.

gsxr said:
is the sled start the same for 2007 rtx apex and 2010 nitro xtx ?

Basically no, The Sledstart module itself is the same, however the factory uses different connectors for these 2 models.
SNOWDOG has it all thought out so each one is an easy Plug & Play install! ;)!

So you guys know, SLEDSTART is Snowdogs company & product.
We work well together and collaborate to make things great for all of us as sledders.
I can answer most questions about SLEDSTART, yet Kurt is the expert on Sledstart.
For more info, can go here: www.sledstart.com

:rocks:

Rock; With the Plug & Play, do all the factory connectors you disconnect get filled/connected to the Plug & Play so that there's no open connectors?
I was getting confused reading the APEX instruction as to what was plug&play and what was not.

I'll be back at you later this weekend with the order, I'm in no rush with the Vector at the cabin up north.

Most of the models use all the output connectors (Orange & Black wires from the WH Controller) with the exception of the '06s.
On some of the '06s, one of the warmer outputs is not used.
The '06s are unique because some have the updated bars & harness, and some do not.
Either way the YAMAHEATER works fine giving you warm hands.
(FYI If you have an '06, I highly recommend the updated bars, it is great having heat all the way to the end of the bars!!!)
I usually call most of the guys with an '06 just to make sure everything is good, because there are so many combinations for that year and it's not always obvious.

On 07 - 10, including your '09, both outputs are connected to the bars, no open connectors, with the exception of an open one from the factory harness (Yellow/Red & Black wires).
(The YAMAHEATER only needs one for input. It doesn't matter which one you use, they are both the same.)

All of this is easy to do on the sled.
It sounds much more complicated than it actually is. lol

The connectors are exact factory parts and the wires are color coded to match the factory wiring.
This makes it easy & intuitively obvious what connects to what.
You can also follow the wires down from the grips and brake switch to double-check your connections. ;)!

Rockmeister :-o

It all comes together. I had to study for a few moments last year. Then presto, in less than a hour my hands were warm and the sled back in the trailer. Ready for the ride in the morning.

Ok, it took longer to put the plastic back on. lol.

Here is the Video SNOWDOG posted that shows how to remove the cowling panel at the base of the bars.
Very helpful!
He even let's you know what tools you will need! ;)!
http://s739.photobucket.com/albums/xx40 ... V03907.flv

You only have to remove the side panels and cowling at the base of the bars to install the YAMHEATER.
You do NOT have to remove the air box etc.

:rocks:

Just reviewed the video, it looks like for the Rock heater, you do not need to remove the light pod, air box, other bracketing, or the bolts at the end of the gas tank cover. We would be just accessing the boot cover for connections under the tank cowling, correct? Your illustrations show the wiring can be routed with the light pod in place, correct?

Thanks.

Fusion said:
Just reviewed the video, it looks like for the Rock heater, you do not need to remove the light pod, air box, other bracketing, or the bolts at the end of the gas tank cover. We would be just accessing the boot cover for connections under the tank cowling, correct? Your illustrations show the wiring can be routed with the light pod in place, correct?

Thanks.

Yes, that is correct. ;)!

Rock, Installed hand warmers and are you kidding me, cant wait for winter. Hand grips never got this hot!!! :die By the way guys easy to install had one questiion and sent an Email and on the way back from Haydays still on the road Rock called me and set me straight in 2 min. That should be every ones tech service!!! :Rockon:

Hi Rock, just wanted to chime in and thank you for the MAJOR IMPROVEMENT on the Hot grips. Me and 2 buddies bought your product late last spring. We just installed them yesterday, and if in the garage is any indication, you should change the name from Hot Grips to SCORTCHER Grips.

Thank you VERY MUCH.

Rob

Nytrosnox06 said:
Rock, Installed hand warmers and are you kidding me, cant wait for winter. Hand grips never got this hot!!! :die By the way guys easy to install had one questiion and sent an Email and on the way back from Haydays still on the road Rock called me and set me straight in 2 min. That should be every ones tech service!!! :Rockon:
Snow Fever said:
Hi Rock, just wanted to chime in and thank you for the MAJOR IMPROVEMENT on the Hot grips. Me and 2 buddies bought your product late last spring. We just installed them yesterday, and if in the garage is any indication, you should change the name from Hot Grips to SCORTCHER Grips.
Thank you VERY MUCH. Rob

Thank you! :drink:
And you are very welcome guys! ;)!
Am very glad to help! :-o

I will be at the Big East Snowmobile show in Syracuse New York this coming weekend Oct 2,3,&4th.

Will be with Sean & Nick from Curve Industries.
If you haven't met these guys, you should!
They are great about doing anything they can to help.
Serious about customer service, just the way it should be!
(At least I believe so! lol) ;)!

They also have some cool new products they are introducing at the show!
Can't wait to see myself! :Rockon:

2zgewdv.jpg

Will have Basic & Plug & Play YAMAHEATER Warm Hands Controllers with me for you guys, along with SLEDSTART Plug & Play Kits, and Supermans LakeEffect risers. All cool stuff!
:drink:

Find us at the Curve Booth & introduce yourself!

Rockmeister :-o

Back