• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHEATER Nice Warm Hands for 03 - Current Yamaha 4 Strokes

Marc,

Rock has his cell phone number on his website and he has always been great about answering or returning calls to me very quickly. Try calling and/or texting him on his cell phone. Rock is a great guy and I know that he will take excellent care of you.

Hi Marc!

Are you sure you PM'ed me?
Have checked & could not find any.

Is ok though, am sending you a PM & will find out what you have & get you taken care of!

Rock

PS Thanks Dave!

I appreciate you guys letting peeps know what is going on!
Am at the TY ride right now, so took a bit to get back with you.

rock is the best installed on 12 nytro and sons 06 attack messed up on the wiring on the attack rock returned the call b4 I had a chance to go in and get my drink to wait on the call back told him what was happening he though about it for oh.. 2 seconds then told me exactly what to do and where to d it 15 seconds later problem solved is there anywhere else in this world you get cust service like that anymore????

the best product and a steller guy selling !!

rock is the best installed on 12 nytro and sons 06 attack messed up on the wiring on the attack rock returned the call b4 I had a chance to go in and get my drink to wait on the call back told him what was happening he though about it for oh.. 2 seconds then told me exactly what to do and where to d it 15 seconds later problem solved is there anywhere else in this world you get cust service like that anymore????

the best product and a steller guy selling !!

X2 on Rock's customer service. He called me back from the side of the trail in the UP once! Best products and customer service in the business. Plus he is a TY member and advertiser.

Been using a smart supply I bout from him and it's been great this season. Recently ordered a yamaheater and boost kit and cannot wait to install and try it out! Like everyone else says - awesome customer service and great products., we are lucky to have him!

I am so glad to know about this product. I should be getting mind on 9 February. Thank you so much for doing this. I'm going on a trip to Caribou Maine next week hope I get it by then.

I am so glad to know about this product. I should be getting mind on 9 February. Thank you so much for doing this. I'm going on a trip to Caribou Maine next week hope I get it by then.

Hotrod, I had the same sled as you have now. I bought the Yamaheater with boost for my '07 Apex GT and it transformed it from having worthless hand warmers to being able to melt my gloves. Seriously, you will not believe the difference!

You are sure lucky to live in Maine this season! I am jealous of all of the snow you guys are getting. I have brown grass here. Please send some of that snow my way! LOL!

My used 2007 Attak GT came with Yamaheaters installed but the guy had them wired goofy. Normally you mount the switch and LED on the cowling or around the speedo pod. The previous owner had the stock windshield and a tall windshield. He apparently didn't want the screw holes in the panels for the tall windshield supports to be showing when he was using the short stock windshield so I got an extra set of panels too. He told me the YH switch and the LED were just strung up around the handlebar area and were wiretied with the cables. When I rode it the first time after buying the sled used from Pat's last season it was close to 30 degrees and the warmers were wide open all the time. No shutting them off either. They cooked my hands. I found the LED but no switch. I had Pat's look at it and they couldn't find the switch either so they unhooked them and now I have the just the stock warmers. I never got around to looking into it and when I was in Michigan last week my hands got pretty cold being it was brutal for a few days. I need to tear into them and probably get the wiring diagram and order a new switch from Rock.

The toggle switch that Rock provides disables the Yamaheater completely.

I did not mount or even use my Yamaheater toggle switch, but rather I tucked it out of sight in with the wiring under the bodywork since I simply left it on all of the time. I had my LED simply sticking out of one of the wiring looms near the handlebars so I could see it.

The functionality is that the Yamaheater is on "high" when the handlebar warmers are "off" using the Yamaha handlebar paddle switch (zero bars on the display). This is when the LED turns red and your gloves start to smoke. Literally, on this setting my gloves would start melting and smoking!

Once you turn the handlebar warmers "on" using the Yamaha handlebar paddle switch the Yamaheater with boost "boosts" the setting. This is anywhere from one bar to maximum bars on the display. This is when the LED turns green.

Therefore if you want absolutely no heat whatsoever you would need to turn off the toggle switch that Rock provides. However most people including myself simply would set the warmers to the minimum setting (one bar on the display) for "off" since there is almost no heat at this setting. This way you never have to mess with the toggle switch that Rock provides.

Last edited:
Blue Dave is exactly correct!

You may also have a Code 81 Journeyman?
Did you have any error codes in your display/ Any check engine light?
If not, you probably should have put them on the ONE Bar setting. (Lowest setting)
Instead, you probably put them to the old factory "OFF" (Zero Bars) and you actually set them to max.

This is a good example of the LED being very useful & should be able to be seen in use.
Can mount with-OUT drilling a hole, simply run up existing wire loom to bars & zip-ty to existing wiring.

You are always welcome to call/PM/Text me, am here to help!

Rock : )

Thanks guys.

I remember Pat's telling me the YH's gauge setting was in reverse as Blue Dave mentioned. I tried all the settings on the bar switch and no matter what they were smoking hot. Paul from Pat's Motorsports couldn't get it to tone down either and it was my last day of my trip last year and he just disabled them. He said he looked for a switch but could not find it either. I later got the previous owners name....Kevin C. from the Madison, Wisconsin area. He claimed he had the switch right next to the LED wire tied up along the handlebar assembly. As said that is where the LED resides but I don't see the toggle switch. I will have to tear into it and see if I can find it. I know they work good though. My buddy has them on both his Attak's and I put about 150 miles on one of them last week when mine was in Pat's shop getting the Ohlins rear shock solenoid replaced that went bad. If I don't find the switch I will give you a call Rock.

thanks again :)

Just bought mine from #*$&@ Performance and got a tracking # within 5 min
Great to deal with!!

Back