• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamalaris build

You have the motor mounted?
I am using a trashed motor ( to much boost, not mine ) as the template to make motor mounts. And fit things until I’m ready for the full swap over. The mounts will look like the viper rear mounts that weld on cooler except I’m not welding on the cooler. As I don’t trust my welding.

Ya I followed sporsterdanne’s thread it was a beauty of a build. I also miss all the builds that use to happen like nickolia, kennyspec, rickycolfman, offtrailmike and kinger just to name a few.

I also miss those guysbuilds!

I'll be coming back with a new build idea, just life getting in way and the sidewinder distracted me. I was really hoping to just turn key and ride for a few years but that didn't pan out so a new apex based build coming soon! Been playing with GoPro to see if a video you tube series makes sense or not. I really like the documentation in the forum though! I reference my own build thread sometimes to remember what I did LOL

Kinger I am waiting Patiently for your new build. I was sad to see you jump on the new iron. I guess it just wasn’t meant to be. Make sure you put your new apex on ty4 as you tube is so full of crap nowadays that you can’t find nothing. And ty deserves it

648B9471-180F-4282-B5BD-4149AB9D1511.jpeg

Adding a picture of my tank as summer sucks and this was my last ride in May.

Next I focused on the seat and under seat storage area. You can buy under seat storage bags but as with everything I do, I’m cheap and I like to build my own stuff so I fabricated a storage area with sign shop material (diabond I believe) I still have to rig up some dzus fasteners later once its fully installed. I also painted the Polaris out of the seat with some grey vinyl paint. I have never used this before but it seamed to stick very well, time will tell.

CDF8E4C4-455C-442C-964A-5A2AAD01BC89.jpeg
B077E76A-4827-4E02-957A-E492D8779D01.jpeg

As with all my sleds this one will get my home built airframe running boards. Also I put a grey Vinyl wrap on tunnel before running boards went on. And my sled is now officially a Yamaha as the snow flap got installed. I might play around with the flap to make it removable at a later date once I’ve tried it out.

30C5B381-C95B-4408-AB67-695DAB4D7898.jpeg
531C888D-30A2-4B54-AA50-C6AC146B8F5A.jpeg

I wanted to experiment with carbon fiber bonded running boards. Those look very strong!
Carbon fibre boards now that’s energetic and would be cool. My first airframes on my nytro we’re out of 1” x 1/8 aluminum square tubing with 3/4” x 1/8 cross tubes. I have found That thickness to be way overkill. And have down sized on the thickness on the last 2 I built. These ones weigh roughly 5 pounds for the pair. I like the 1” tubing cause the Polaris are known for the tunnel buckling, and since I will be putting a hitch and rack on I need it really stout.

My sleds are very multi use. They go from a mountain trip, to ditch banging, to a 5 day fishing trip in the deep bush, and idling down the lake with the family. I have hauled some big loads with my nytro over the years and this one will be the same. Here is a pic of one of my loads.

ADB8E045-E385-4663-A3EE-751867D88307.jpeg

The fuel system was a bit more work than I had figured hopefully it works out. After Some research I found out the stock Polaris pump puts out around 60 psi. Way to high for the nytro which puts out 43 psi. So I modified the internals to fit the nytro pump. It’s nice that Polaris use the walbro fuel pickups and once I cap the return off it should work good I hope.

Stock Polaris pump.

82D63329-82D6-4EB7-A612-217EC203AAA8.jpeg

my modified nytro pump
0CA7BDA6-5507-4F17-8EDB-99CE152EDDCE.jpeg
59FB15D3-43D5-4E68-B8E9-2C553652DC7C.jpeg

I also added some heat shielding to my tank for extra insurance.

64C9AAFC-C86C-4317-AC0D-366CFEDD0C9C.jpeg

if anybody has tried this and it doesn’t work right let me know.

4F190B2E-219A-4795-B61B-5E569CA638A9.jpeg
DFD14371-7837-42CE-88CA-181113F9A97F.jpeg
I worked on my side plates for drive and jack shaft. I had to shim out the clutch side 1/4” to allow for the nytro driveshaft to fit without Machining. I am using the apex chain case cause it bolts on instead of being integral like the nytro.

I like the fuel pick ups! I thought all 4 strokes have a FPR on the fuel rail so the polaris pump should have worked but I admit I do not know nytro's like I know Apex's. Eitherway it looks like a clean solution.

The apex has a return fuel system with a rising rate regulator at the end of the fuel rail. That regulator is what I am using for my turbo nytro right now. It is weird that the nytro does not have a return system so I am assuming that the pump regulates it.

Back