• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamalaris build

Ahhh a returnless system got it. I didn't realize. Makes sense! I am a month or more out from starting mine, in full on assembling parts and research mode though! Can't wait to build another Apex!

Here is a pic of the parts motor I’m using for fit up of exhaust and motor mounts.

773E9771-ECE5-4CCE-B8A7-520569803C7D.jpeg
I wish I had a apex motor to put in here I love the sound of them and the power is impressive. But there is not many of them in my area and the price of them is still fairly high.

I bought a header off a boondocker turbo apex and I modified it to fit the nytro to make it a side exit exhaust. I cut the 4th pipe off and capped it, and had to bend the other 2 slightly to fit the spacing of the nytro. Then built my own Nytro header flange and welded it all up. I then pressure tested it to make sure it did not leak and painted it black with some bbq paint.

CCCC26BA-4621-42C6-B022-79F1E90F0285.jpeg
E39925D5-3CEB-4712-935F-7991209271E7.jpeg
0D67A09F-78D9-4A5B-89FA-E49C60F9F7F8.jpeg

I had yoshimura exhaust kicking around that I had wanted to put on my nytro but never ended up doing it. I always loved the sound of these exhausts so it will be going on the yamalaris. It was about 8” to long so I cut it off and re riveted it back together. Then I had to weld a flange on it to join up with the boondocker header.
452E908F-4CAC-4797-80EF-74BC525F36B8.jpeg
D3400EE4-0A05-4E31-87C1-C156213D778D.jpeg

I loved my Yoshi pipe, but it was a ear ringer at trail speeds so I put in a DB killer they sell for it and I was completely satisfied with the sound! Until it blew a hole in the Carbon fiber shells. So apparently they can't handle 250hp with the silencer in place! FYI

I had yoshimura exhaust kicking around that I had wanted to put on my nytro but never ended up doing it. I always loved the sound of these exhausts so it will be going on the yamalaris. It was about 8” to long so I cut it off and re riveted it back together. Then I had to weld a flange on it to join up with the boondocker header. View attachment 156270 View attachment 156271

Looking like a fun build.

I have not heard it in person only on videos. I did not know they made a dB killer for it. I will be checking that out as I don’t want it too loud. And since I’m not turboing it, I would think it would handle stock horsepower. Kinger I tried your boost controlled shut off valve exhaust on my turbo Nytro and it worked good for awhile until the bellow got a leak and it stopped working. I then tossed it and made up a modified hush power muffler for it and it is pretty quiet.
Here is a Picture of my kinger copied exhaust.

Attachments

• 8EE810FE-80B5-4CBC-BF91-73D87BEA5061.jpeg
    8EE810FE-80B5-4CBC-BF91-73D87BEA5061.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
If it’s to loud I will buy another hush power 2 muffler and put it on. I am really impressed with this muffler, the internal double Coned flow thru design works Really well and cuts the sound way down.

I have not heard it in person only on videos. I did not know they made a dB killer for it. I will be checking that out as I don’t want it too loud. And since I’m not turboing it, I would think it would handle stock horsepower. Kinger I tried your boost controlled shut off valve exhaust on my turbo Nytro and it worked good for awhile until the bellow got a leak and it stopped working. I then tossed it and made up a modified hush power muffler for it and it is pretty quiet.
Here is a Picture of my kinger copied exhaust.

The bellow? You mean the diaphragm that you hooked the boost reference signal too? Did you hook it to Boost only side of IC or after the TB so it would see vacuum?

Ya the Round diaphragm thing. I hooked boost only to it And it worked for a while. But I was doing My yearly boost leak test and found out that it was leaking out the sides of the diaphragm. I figured it was cheep China made junk and went a different way. I was getting tired Of fiddling around with the old nytro and tried to simplify things.

Looks good will definitely be following this build!

signed, your nytro buddy south of you :)

I wanted to use the center of where the driveshaft is on the Polaris to keep the handling the same so I had to cut into the tunnel for the jack shaft to clear. I looked into putting the jack shaft in the tunnel but it would lower the driveshaft to much and be exposed to hits from stumps and such. I bent up some aluminum and glued it into the tunnel. There is about 1/4 clearance to the stock Polaris track.

7EDB863B-9C22-4482-BD9C-A779C9E322A1.jpeg

Next is the reverse mechanism. I had thought about doing kingers reverse lever mod but decided I wanted something simple and a conversation piece. Golf is one of my favourite things to do in the summer. So I figured a golf ball would make a good reverse lever handle. Lots of fitting and testing to try to make the reverse slot as small as possible. I like how it turned out

2D3B796A-2CBD-4571-A6AE-829BD2D89718.jpeg
FBB57AC2-C157-4FBA-A063-4212132C0067.jpeg
C0E93A31-3036-471E-A623-DB6C4E17B12F.jpeg

Back