• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 Jan New York TY Ride

Riders Attending

I am planning on arriving Tuesday afternoon for a ride. If anyone will be there, I would love to hook up for a pre-ride ride. I will keep a running post as to who is coming and the days they will be there. I know there are more poeple coming, I just have not heard from them directly myself.

Boston RX1 Tu-Sat
HDR W-Sun
Honk Tu-Sun
NYSRX Tu-Sun
Monker Th-Sun (+ 2 friends)
Boomer W-Sat?
BBW W-Sat
RX136 W-Sun (+ 1 friend)
Indy Tu-Sun
RX1MAN Tu-Sun
Viperman Tu-Sun

Dana, I would not recommend Flat Rock. I've always gone out of my way to avoid them. He treats sledders like crap. There are plenty of places on the hill that appreciate our business and would welcome us. I also ate at Flat Rock and didn't think much of their food either. I personally always liked Timberview. They've got great food, gas and very sledder friendly. This might be a problem as he is also a sled dealer and they aren't Yamaha's, so not sure how welcome Yamaha Corp reps would be.
Of course if RX-1MAN is right and they lost their groomer, well that could mean trouble. But every year the rumors run wild this time of year about all kinds of problems that people are hearing about of places on the hill.

I vote to not use Flat Rock!!!!

We are not going to eat at the Flat Rock. I totally agree with you. I only thought of that place because it is wide open, has easy access and has high traffic. We would met Yamaha in the AM, try the new sleds for a couple of hours and then be on our way. I would only go into the Flat Rock to use the bathroom, that's all. The owner is a real jerk.

Why not just have Yamaha meet us at Montague?? Lot easier to get to with trailers than Flat Rock. Isn't Yamaha coming during the week, so sled traffic shouldn't be a problem. Viperman and I will be there Wed. morning so Tuesday ride for us is out :(

I agree with RX-1MAN on this one. Montague is definitely easier to get to and what the heck that's our base and we hopefully are a big reason they are coming. If they show up someplace else it could be a nightmare trying to get the demo rides in and still have time for the real reason we are going up.

Ehhh.6 of one, half a dozen of the other. I personally never had a problem with anybody at Flat Rock Inn. And I unload and eat there at least 3-4 times per season. Gotta love them Golden Retrievers! Plus Flat Rock Inn just happens to be a heck of alot easier for me to get to than Montague Inn. And I think the Flat Rock Inn has a better lay out, land wise, for doing a demo ride type of thing. They have the big, wide open areas on the side and behind the building, plus Flat Rock Rd. is right there. We all know that trail is usually pretty bumpy. Can you say big bump testing? Montague Inn(although a great place to stay and eat) just has flat Sears Pond Rd in one direction and a LONG stretch down a unplowed road trail (Parker Road)to get to an large open area (not sure if it a park or reserve or something. Right where it intersects Flat Rock Road))which isn't accessable by vehicle (I'm sure Yamaha will have a big rig with them). And I think there may be a conflict of interest at Timberview, being they are a Polaris dealer. Just my $.02. Now gimme some change!! Not trying to stir the pot or anything, just stating my opinion. -Steve(O.C.)

Long Time

Hey gang. I'm planning on joining everyone again this year. Any chance we can plot a ride so we can ride across Redfiled Res again....that was so fun....

Same old Iron for me 2003 Red RX1.

Boomer I pray you retired the Red SX....if not I'll bring a couple cases of plugs with me this time (-:

RX1Man, if any snow Dec 29th.....I hope to catch up with you in Marathon.

OC...did you get that Primary Clutch replace yet?

Can't wait to see everyone again. Later Darren

Hey Darren, Glad you're going to make it! I got rid of the SX after that first ride last year. I couldn't afford the damn plugs. I still appreciate you sticking by me through all those plug changes though. I'll be in better shape this year. I'll be riding RX-1MAN's old RX-1 (He's gone mono-shock)
I also plan on riding as often as possible with him this year down by Marathon. Hope to see you then too.

NOT THE RESERVOIR!!!

Hey Darren. Good hearing from you. You said "reservoir" and I started to cringe and twitch from the bad bad memories. I replaced the clutch (just the movable sheave) that following week, no biggie. That was one heck of a scary ride. SRX's DO NOT do well in 3 feet of fresh powder on the water. I just looked like a BIG snowball! I had it pinned to the bar and was doing about 25mph! Throw in about 30 deep slush pockets and you really got a problem. Did I mention I could not see a darn thing and was riding with the helmet shield up the WHOLE time?!?! But I made it across.........barely. What a day! Got to say, I still had a blast. Lookin forward to doin some riding. Now would somebody please hit that darn switch to turn the snow machine on!...I am jonesin' over here already!
-Steve (O.C.)

Hey Dale, should I go ahead and order a tail light now for RX1MAN'S sled your borrowing? Ya know, just in case (ala CJ's sled last year). Just busting your horns. :tg:

Darren, glad to see you are lurking about. I'm praying hard for snow, hope everyone can make it to Marathon end of the month.
I went with a clear tail light lens on my '05 so have a spare red one in case Boomer backs into me :D :D

slush on the reservior? what slush? I'll be prepared for the ride this year- 2 sleds, extra set of goggles, extra suspension parts (pretty much 1 of everything). You guys with the 05's are on your own though. :tg: I'm ready to go. Where's the snow?????

Dave, I have you penciled in for the Southern Tier ride on the 29th of December, you had better have snow! I am hauling my rig from NH and I want to ride!

Boston, weather looking promising for the start of next week. If it just stays cold and we get one good snow we're all set for some outstanding riding! Boomer, no reverse, you just stop quicker than I do :shock:

Couple guys I know rode sun from the Montague as they had up to a foot and a half of snow.
Trail maps are being sold.
Check out sites.
snowmobileny.com
montague-inn.com --Sue give trail cond updates and there is a radar tower in the back yard just about which they have a link to for weather info for the area.When Sue posts remember that a man and a woman may differ on what 8inches really is.I`m talking about SNOWFALL!! JEEZZZEE!!
timberview.com -- they give trail cond and grooming updates or used to. They explain they have NO groomer but are waiting for NY to hand out the trail $$$ and will go from there.

Back