• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 SRX

Fxs, you could pass a gas station with the srv....but the second better be within site...like across the street from the one you passed.

hhmmmn...how many times has yamaha dissapointed me? 1996, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009. almost every time they needed to come to market with something bold, we got bng technology with low hp by industry comparison.
Don't get me wrong, i like Yamaha. It's just that they often just don't get the wow factor right and are slow to market. With that said, i'd be first in line for a 165ish hp 2010 Yamaha SRX/Exciter/SRV/SS/Snojet or whatever they name it. Not holding my breath. I will be replacing my Apex next year with something....but i won't be blindly brand loyal as i have in the past. Can you feel my impatience, Yamaha?

as cool as it woudl be to see something new and exciting out there. I dont think I will be getting anything for quite some time.

Im figuring Im going to have the Apex just where I want it suspension wise. With what I have to pay in difference for a new sled I could add some boost :)

hionspeed said:
hhmmmn...how many times has yamaha dissapointed me? 1996, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009. almost every time they needed to come to market with something bold, we got bng technology with low hp by industry comparison.
Don't get me wrong, i like Yamaha. It's just that they often just don't get the wow factor right and are slow to market. With that said, i'd be first in line for a 165ish hp 2010 Yamaha SRX/Exciter/SRV/SS/Snojet or whatever they name it. Not holding my breath. I will be replacing my Apex next year with something....but i won't be blindly brand loyal as i have in the past. Can you feel my impatience, Yamaha?

You should realize by now Yamaha is a company , slow to change , very calculated on new releases and therefore profitable !!!
Forget looking for the WOW factor AND YOU WILL NOT EVER AGAIN BE DISSAPOINTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The four throttle bodies feeding air to the new cylinder head are topped with an innovative system, called 'YCC-I', which varies the length of the intake runners depending on RPM and throttle position.

And heavier Apex is my prediction. Heard it here first, copy this post in case it disappears :drink:

Kevin Garceau said:
as cool as it woudl be to see something new and exciting out there. I dont think I will be getting anything for quite some time.

Im figuring Im going to have the Apex just where I want it suspension wise. With what I have to pay in difference for a new sled I could add some boost :)

Yamaha is like a women. Just when you think you have her right, everything is comfortable, just the way you like it. NEXT YEARS MODEL comes out, and tempts you to spen$11,000.00+ :tg: So sleek, So fast, all your buddies are looking at her like candy
:jump: :jump:

i think that yamaha will wait to see to real world performance of the new arctic cat turbo if they are only 2-3 mph faster. like some magazine said they will keep the apex like it is after all '06 apex still have a good resale value cause they does'nt change...
i don't think that yamaha will make a bigger sled then 150hp. just remembered in the late 90's we all expected a 800cc engine year after year and the never build it
i think that they will put the 1050cc engine in the vector and maybe the deltabox II chassis will received the 144" proacticve suspension in the line up but that's it.

Maybe buy the end of this week i can give you guys some 2010 info. As my local dealer is in Japan at Yamaha as we speek....I willsee what i can do when he gets home.................. ;)!

I agree with those who say Yamaha tends to fall short on the "wow" factor. I am a fairly agressive rider and therefore always waiting for it but Yamaha never comes through for me. I have learned something over the past few years though, its called reality.
Think about it, Ski-Doo released the Mach Z in '05, now thats what I call wow factor, but the truth is the market isn't there for them. I have a friend who was looking to dump his, and a lot of the dealers he is looking to trade with don't want it because they are too hard to move off the lot. If you ever get accurate stats on the sled market you will see that the most popular class by far is middle weight class. I was once told that nearly 70% of all sleds sold fall into this class. Kind of gives you an idea of what most riders really want. Most people are not looking for that kind of over the top power.
We all know Yamaha could produce better numbers from their engines cause they are doing it in the bikes. Even with the high RPM's, there are ways around that with the gear reductions etc. (which I was told actually allows them to place the motor lower in the chassis cause it raises the clutch giving them more clearance with a lower motor). I don't think we will ever see it cause the market just isn't there. Too many people are happy with sleds that have great fit and finish, are well rounded performance wise, and have enough power, not insane power. The wow factor only comes from extremes which usually result in compromise. They may produce some attractive numbers but what those numbers don't reveal the compromises you get from such extremes, and thats what Yamaha is trying to avoid. After all, how many times have you heard a yamaha rep say that they build sleds for real people to ride, and therefore their focus is on your average snowmobiler. Lets not forget, thats where most of the market and therefore $$$ is for them.
In the end I think we will continue to see more sleds from Yamaha that will fall short of producing stellar numbers, but will weigh in very heavily on real world performance. Its been that way since the departure of the VMax-4 and I don't think things are going to change any time soon.

Back