• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 YAMAHA SNOWMOBILES

More horsepower in the Apex without a significant reduction in weight would miss my buying mark. 150 hp and 525 lbs would be the ticket IMO for us trail riders. More HP for the mountain riders I get that, but will still need to lose a lot of weight for it to be successful.

I was asked an interesting question the other day. Would you rather have an Apex with 180 HP in the current chassis or would you rather have 150 HP Apex (pre exup) engine in a new lightweight chassis? Which would you buy?

from what my co-worker saw the other week it is based on the apex chassis with the new 3 cyl. motor. the guys from Yamaha were up in the upper part of Michigan.

So an mtx in the viper chassis is almost definite

What do u guys think the other possibilities are?

1. Turbo option for the 3cyl? 4cyl?
2. New 140hp+- motor?
3. New chassis?

There's no secret Yamaha has some things to prove to its customers. It gonna leave a lot of Yamaha dudes angry if all they do is mtx the CAT chassis. I'm really hoping for a new authentic Yamaha chassis, and I know I'm not the only one!

T-Bone said:
More horsepower in the Apex without a significant reduction in weight would miss my buying mark. 150 hp and 525 lbs would be the ticket IMO for us trail riders. More HP for the mountain riders I get that, but will still need to lose a lot of weight for it to be successful.

I was asked an interesting question the other day. Would you rather have an Apex with 180 HP in the current chassis or would you rather have 150 HP Apex (pre exup) engine in a new lightweight chassis? Which would you buy?

my vote is the 150hp Apex in the lighter chassis.

I think a mountain Viper is almost guarantied, only question is the motor. Most everyone will be disappointed if it's the same Nytro motor.
I hope they come out with a new phazer replacement, but that might be a year or 2 away.

yamy07 said:
I think a mountain Viper is almost guarantied, only question is the motor. Most everyone will be disappointed if it's the same Nytro motor.
I hope they come out with a new phazer replacement, but that might be a year or 2 away.

if all they do is make a 162 inch mtn viper they wont sell many 90% of mtn riders would not even give it a glance.with a factory turbo they will sell a few but not lots,if they want sales they have to make a sled that will compete with the competitions mtn sleds that means 150hp & under 500lbs dry.

2001srx=fast said:
O we'll I'm ready to be disappointed again. We'll fine out Tuesday I guess
x2 ,"new" mountain Viper? Its not new,it is just a longer Viper that they could have maked this year. And guess what,2016 "new" mountain will probably be a 153" with some other stickers on it ;) Viper 162 and 153" with the same nytro engine in it is just way to low from Yamaha,but i getting use to it. So i will be ready to be disappointed again!

Hi !

What´s the second sled ?

New vector / apex ?

Picture from Yamaha-motor.com

Attachments

• 2014-02-10.tif
    544.1 KB · Views: 1,321

Back