• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 YAMAHA SNOWMOBILES

Honestly I wonder how many mountain guys Yamaha thought they were going to get to switch teams with an offering like this. I bet guys are dumping their XM, PROs, and M8000 as we speak. Its way easier to ride tight trees with a heavy underpowered sled........

Another year of whizzing on the faithful's heads while telling us it's raining. I've waited patiently for the next step from my Nytro since I bought it in 08, and wanted that to be a Yamaha, but this is six years of nothing other than positioning themselves to be Arctic Cat light progressively. I'd consider any of the other brands right now rather than a rebadged Cat with a motor that would have roared in the Nytro with A basic factory turbo.

Electronic reverse? Is this new or was it around last year? I haven't paid attention. Anyway, if it is new, I can see some reliability issues around that. Sometimes it is bad enough trying to engage into reverse manually.

Last of my blue kool-aid

Attachments

• flushing the kool-aid.jpg
    flushing the kool-aid.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 72
ROCKERDAN said:
Its sad, I think we are all seeing the demise of true yammie sleds. The ironic thing is, many yammie faithful bought these "cats" to help this happen.

Why didnt all the viper buyers just go buy a cat?

I think Yammie is slowly bowing out, and will simply end up being a motor builder for cat. Sure they might still have a yammie sled for sale but it will simply be a cat in blue.

I bought a Viper LTX Deluxe and love it. 1300 miles and not one issue. I have owned a 2005 Warrior, 2007 Apex and a 2009 Nytro XTX. I've ridden a Doo 800r and 800etec for 500 Miles and the apex and Nytro were both better. This Viper with tuner skis handles better than all. Corner to corner no motor will beat it.

The other reason I buy Yamaha is reliability. I didn't buy a cat because the Viper clutches are better and Yamaha 5 year warranty. Had 8700 miles on the Nytro XTX in four years and had 6 gallons of gas 40 pounds on the rear and the tunnel cracked. Yamaha covered the 4000 dollar bill. My buddy had the 800r and didn't buy the second year engine warranty. Blew it up with 2000 miles. Good bye $4000.

The market isn't their to dump money into tooling every year. Had to see this coming.

If you want a high powered Yamaha MOUNTAIN SLED! ADD A TURBO! Yes, it is MORE MONEY, but it makes it everything you wish it were (other than lighter.....). I am very happy with my MCX 270 kit. So much so, that when it is time to move on....... it will likely become my back up sled and a new Yama-Cat or DooPolArctaha or what ever they are making that has a yamaha engine..........

Quit your whining, either anti-up and grow some and BUY A TURBO or move to another brand. My buddy is on his 3rd engine in 3 years on his Polaris. Just drove to McCall, ID with a NEW ENGINE and just 6 miles in it is siezed..........

petey_sx700 said:
ROCKERDAN said:
Its sad, I think we are all seeing the demise of true yammie sleds. The ironic thing is, many yammie faithful bought these "cats" to help this happen.

I think Yammie is slowly bowing out, and will simply end up being a motor builder for cat. Sure they might still have a yammie sled for sale but it will simply be a cat in blue.

I bought a Viper LTX Deluxe and love it. 1300 miles and not one issue. I have owned a 2005 Warrior, 2007 Apex and a 2009 Nytro XTX. I've ridden a Doo 800r and 800etec for 500 Miles and the apex and Nytro were both better. This Viper with tuner skis handles better than all. Corner to cor :nos ner no motor will beat it.

The other reason I buy Yamaha is reliability. I didn't buy a cat because the Viper clutches are better and Yamaha 5 year warranty. Had 8700 miles on the Nytro XTX in four years and had 6 gallons of gas 40 pounds on the rear and the tunnel cracked. Yamaha covered the 4000 dollar bill. My buddy had the 800r and didn't buy the second year engine warranty. Blew it up with 2000 miles. Good bye $4000.

The market isn't their to dump money into tooling every year. Had to see this coming.
Tooling?? Yamaha hasnt bought a tool since 2007! The fact that yamaha thinks the viper is a sucess just shows that they will talk themselves right out of the market thinking the only way to make money is to outsource their chassis. I own a 09 nytro and it has not been a good experience to say the least and just want to get out of it and into a 100-110hp cheaper sled. I thought maybe yamaha could do that but nope. So lets see should i buy a 80 hp phazer with a msrp of 8650 or a mxz sport 600 with around 105 hp with handling that rivals or surpasses the viper for 6999 msrp??? What should i do YAMAHA?? A lifelong customer is awaiting your response..

Vmax4 said:
If you want a high powered Yamaha MOUNTAIN SLED! ADD A TURBO! Yes, it is MORE MONEY, but it makes it everything you wish it were (other than lighter.....). I am very happy with my MCX 270 kit. So much so, that when it is time to move on....... it will likely become my back up sled and a new Yama-Cat or DooPolArctaha or what ever they are making that has a yamaha engine..........

Quit your whining, either anti-up and grow some and BUY A TURBO or move to another brand. My buddy is on his 3rd engine in 3 years on his Polaris. Just drove to McCall, ID with a NEW ENGINE and just 6 miles in it is siezed..........
Not everybody wants to spend $18000 to go the same place a $12000 sled will go.

I have a Viper XTX that is now identical to the new MTX 162.

It is a much better handling sled than the Nytro MTX. IT gets up on snow better and less stuck all the time. You can actually stop on deep snow and get going. The balance of the sled is more natural as well.

I do wish Yamaha had there own innovation but this works pretty good. I just have to get better gearing as it is way to high right now. Wonder what the MTX sleds are going to use.

petey_sx700 said:
ROCKERDAN said:

I bought a Viper LTX Deluxe and love it. 1300 miles and not one issue. I have owned a 2005 Warrior, 2007 Apex and a 2009 Nytro XTX. I've ridden a Doo 800r and 800etec for 500 Miles and the apex and Nytro were both better. This Viper with tuner skis handles better than all. Corner to corner no motor will beat it.

Your very luck and rear.........if that happened to me, Yamaha would have told me good luck, the Yamaha warrany is junk........atleast from my experince!!!!!

petey_sx700 said:

You must be the only one on this planet that thinks an apex and a nytro and viper handle better then a 800etec. I owned an apex for 8 yrs, and rode a nytro many miles, and have demo'd the new viper twice, and also owned a cat turbo which was near identical handling to viper.

None of those sleds are even close to how well and precise and flat and smooth a doo etec is.

Even yammie/and cat guys all agree its hear impossible to have any sled ride as smooth and handle as precise as a mxz X etec.

Why is it that yammie and cat are basically going under? Why is it that doo/brp sells more 4 strokes then all other brands 4 strokes put together?

Im not brand faithful at all, but when you ride a new doo, its plain to see the others are not even close, Poo is the closest as of right now with their indy line.

Dan

Back