• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 Wolverine X2

How about that engine in a sled?

I could see it as a 60 to 70 hp sled to compete with the Ace 600. Then bring out the 998 in a NA form to give you something in the 90 to 100 hp range!

I could see it as a 60 to 70 hp sled to compete with the Ace 600. Then bring out the 998 in a NA form to give you something in the 90 to 100 hp range!

That would be a cool idea and then maybe turbo version for another level of engine.

With the insurance and import rules and such, I very much dought you will see any off road engine a 1000 cc or over built from Yamaha!

I see it as a step toward competing in the crossover market. They took a ute and gave it more power.

But I'm hoping next year they come out with a purpose-built crossover to compete with the General and the Havoc. It'll need 13" or so of travel. That's the market for me, utility with sport power and long travel.

Just bought one of these new Wolverines. Picking it up tonight. I was going to go with the YXZ but I think this is more practical for work around the house and trail riding at my camp. Maybe I'm getting to old for the high end sports models.

Last edited:
Just bought one of these new Wolverines. Picking it up tonight. I was going to go with the YXZ but I think this is more practical for work around the house and trailing riding at my camp. Maybe I'm getting to old for the high end sports models.

You will have to fill us in on what you think?

I'll let you all know what I think. I'm really interested to see how this 2 cylinder engine performs.

That's awesome Grizz! Can't wait to hear your review!

Only a 6 month warranty on these side by sides? Either Yamaha is trying to push extended warranties or they have no confidence in their product anymore.

Wolverine X2 r spec in the garage.
IMG_6205.JPG

Back