• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Sidewinder LTX SE Uncrating!

DranttelSS

TY Advertiser
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Attak
WEBSITE
www.dranttelsalesandservice.com
Thought I would post some pictures as I put this one together. Its different but I like it. Much to my surprise all the blue components are painted, not just colored plastic.

IMG_1635.jpeg
IMG_1634.jpeg
IMG_1633.jpeg
IMG_1632.jpeg

Looks awesome.. have you noticed any changes from previous years ?.. seems like the rear suspension bolt is in the upper hole.

Thanks for posting some pics.

Reactions: DTJ
So is this, and probably the all blue/gold GT, the first painted panels on a Sidewinder?! Nice... Will wax up nicely like my painted Apex did!

Thanks so much for the pictures!

Last edited:
So is this, and probably the all blue/gold GT, the first painted panels on a Sidewinder?! Nice... Will wax up nicely like my painted Apex did!

I hope I’m wrong but by the pics on Yamaha Canada the front nose and side panels look to be blue plastic.

Well I though we where only talking about painted top panels. Bottom of nose and side panels on SE seems like regular black plastic with decals just like any other Yam. So GT is probably blue plastic like you say. I get the cost cutting but I would pay for upgraded painted side panels.

What bugs me is when they hide the nice paint behind decals? Why try to match blue decal on hood. Why not just die cut decals with orange and black color only? Trying to blend the blue decal in the side panels? Cost cutting again?

Annotation 2021-10-01 075110.jpg

I cannot confirm that all the models will have painted plastic. Unfortunately, this is our only 2022 model for the season.

After doing the PDI I would say nothing major stands out over last year.
What? You didn't check if clutch was better aligned or open the chain-case to check if they upgraded the gear for us?!

ha ha ha just teasing.

Back