• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

8dn belt dust

I'm surprised to hear about the belt dust from 8dn belt. I switched to this belt because of what people had said about the 8dn belt lasting longer, less belt dust.

Yep, I got 8dn dust too.

Yup I do to, but it is only half as bad as my 8jp was. At almost 500 miles I was just starting to notice the dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switched to the 8DN belt this year using the osp adjuster, I have 400 km on this new belt and I am getting a lot of belt dust much more the I did with a 8JP belt. Has anyone else experienced this? I have also notice that my engagement is a little jerky too. I assume the belt dust is a good indication of belt slippage but my clutches aren't extremely hot, I am using ulmers clutch kit it i used a 8JP all last year with no issues I think I may pick up a new 8JP and see if its better

What is your clutching setup? Gearing still stock?

20150303_203840_resized.jpg

This was a picture of my tunnel in by the clutching after 3 weekends of TY rides with the 8DN belt. This to me is normal and expected.

SnoNinja is getting black marks and belt dust with his 8DN, WTF? Did they change the compound in the 8DN now to the same compound as the 8JP?

No matter what clutching setup I have/had on my sleds, I've never seen residue on clutching and my bodywork with the 8DN, now we are seeing it with new 8DN belts?..... This would really tick me off if they changed the belt compound. Think about it for a moment....all the 8JP belts made black marks on the clutches and lots of belt dust. 8JP belts made and all the extra compound ready to make 8JP belts.... and now they aren;t selling, wouldn't surprise me if they started making 8DN belts with that compound.....

View attachment 115108

This was a picture of my tunnel in by the clutching after 3 weekends of TY rides with the 8DN belt. This to me is normal and expected.

SnoNinja is getting black marks and belt dust with his 8DN, WTF? Did they change the compound in the 8DN now to the same compound as the 8JP?

No matter what clutching setup I have/had on my sleds, I've never seen residue on clutching and my bodywork with the 8DN, now we are seeing it with new 8DN belts?..... This would really tick me off if they changed the belt compound. Think about it for a moment....all the 8JP belts made black marks on the clutches and lots of belt dust. 8JP belts made and all the extra compound ready to make 8JP belts.... and now they aren;t selling, wouldn't surprise me if they started making 8DN belts with that compound.....

I'll have to get a pic but my tunnel is black and the same area that you have a pic of is extremely black I had it spotless 400km ago it's so noticeable I can see my panels getting dirty on the outside were they join together

Seeing 8900-9000 sometimes I'll see 9100 I have my rev limiter raised in aiming to hit 9300 I'm going to play with the weights a bit to see what I can get

Back