• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bad Oil leak - Mystery solved

Unfortunately, the only way to repair this is to pull the engine. On the plus side, you don't have to break it down much to replace the o-ring. I'd pull the oil pan off, then tug the water pump off. Pretty sure you know this already, but there is a gear on the spline shaft of the water pump that you need to hold in place while the pump is being re-installed. put some oil on the o-ring and mating surface of the pump then slide it in, re-install oil pan, and you're good to go. Kind of like this:

View attachment 152702

LOL! Didn't expect that...funny!!

thanks i never ordered from them before. Ill check it out!
I order from them a lot and never had any problems. Prices are almost always cheaper than the rest for me. Shipping is on the lower side to unless your only ordering 2 screws or something like that.

I have found the heavy equipment shops like Cat ect are an excellent source for O rings of all sizes...trouble is usually the price is such that they must think they are made of some kind of Gold/Rubber alloy!

i would go with the cat ones as they are better materials and hold up to temps and pressures that the standard o rings do not. have had an application at work that the cat o ring would work for years and the standard one would only make days.

Have you called and talked to Kevin at Port? He is the man when it comes to Yami parts

Yup I talked to Kevin and he confirmed it is discontinued. He was nice enough to do a look up and gave me a list of dealers that had one in stock. One is the same dealer my sidewinder is at right now! I have a call into them now, if they had it I would be extremely lucky it seems!

What part is discontinued ? The "O" ring for water pump to case ?
I just bought one 1 month ago came from Yamaha Canada in Toronto. IS was a good # then

In deep now!!

B4EF4A9D-D039-403E-B3B7-69DDC127AB09.jpeg
ED6CA123-40A2-4E8D-9B5A-834D49717FA6.jpeg

Back