• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Frozen Roll Over Valve Solution

I am also working on some options to heat the 17-19 roll over valves quicker with electric similar to the new 2020.
I would want the electric version, when the alarm goes off then what,tow the sled back and put it in the garage?were looking for something automatic i like the heated version better or the pressure relief

I would want the electric version, when the alarm goes off then what,tow the sled back and put it in the garage?were looking for something automatic i like the heated version better or the pressure relief
you open the tank, it will release the pressure and let the engine warm the valve. Or another option would be to install a inline solenoid valve that will open to atmosphere if the pressure rise in the tank.

The valve is not going to freeze up during operation. It is continually venting 165 degree + air through it. The freeze up occurs when sled is run then sits outside long enough for it to reach sub freezing temps. Once that valves cools below freezing temp, then any moisture inside is prone to freezing the plunger in place. The alarm will trigger almost instantly upon start up if the valve has froze shut.

The relief valve I have concluded is just another point of potential freeze up especially once you try to direct the exhaust from it via a hose. Lots of heat with a turbo and exhaust in that area so we can't chance spraying a an oil vapor just anywhere under the hood.

Switches arrived. Description says the switch is normally open, but one I got here is clearly closed with no pressure! I did get 2 so I will double check the second one.

At this point the search continues for a switch!

that suck, false advertising lol

the winder i just bought has had the chaincase serviced 2 times(warranty covered) for leaking...now i know why!!!I guess everyone needs a fix,i would be so pissed if my chaincase failed on the trail...never had any of my yammies chaincases fail in 35 years!!

Switches arrived. Description says the switch is normally open, but one I got here is clearly closed with no pressure! I did get 2 so I will double check the second one.

Newark electronics or Newark.com may have the best selection of what you are looking for.
Only takes a minute to take a peek at their pressure switches online, or you can call for specifics! Around $40 ??

Low oil pressure switch would be normally open under pressure. If you had to settle for two wire it would still be a good seller. Thanks for all you do to keep us riding!!!

Spent some time at NAPA with a multi meter going through different oil pressure switches. Found one that will work and it uses a sealed connector as well, so it will look more factory than a generic spade connector. Have Rock working on the connector to match the sensor and he said he has a source for them.

Tested the switch and it appears to be around 5psi activation. Upon start up, with the vent plugged the alarm trips within 2-3 seconds.

Good advances today on this project.

Back