• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Frozen Roll Over Valve Solution

Alarm concept is working out well. Planning to put a few trips on the set up to see how it holds up.

I do also have another possible solution that would 100% ensure tank never builds pressure, and 100% no loss of oil to atmosphere as well. Was in talks today with a reputable engine builder discussing the logic of what I want to do and he saw no issue. Now, to see if I can implement the concept. Stay tuned!

Alarm concept is working out well. Planning to put a few trips on the set up to see how it holds up.

I do also have another possible solution that would 100% ensure tank never builds pressure, and 100% no loss of oil to atmosphere as well. Was in talks today with a reputable engine builder discussing the logic of what I want to do and he saw no issue. Now, to see if I can implement the concept. Stay tuned!
Travis, any roll over valve updates on the new idea?

Any updates for us that needs a working ROV consept Travis?

Managed a little bit of riding this weekend on my new concept. So far so good.

Concept is to provide a secondary vent that serves as a bypass. It is still indirectly vented to atmosphere for pressure relief but any oil that escapes through the secondary bypass during a roll over just flows into the engine.

I will elaborate later with some pictures once I get caught up on orders.

Sorry it has taken so long for me to update. What I have been testing is a line that vents the oil tank via a hose from the oil tank fill plug and the valve cover fill plug. I have replacement plugs machined that allow for barbed hose fittings to be installed. The valve cover has a dedicated vent which vents to atmosphere, so in turn the oil tank remains vented in the event that the roll over valve freezes up. In the event of a roll over, any oil that escapes the tank via the by pass hose just drains back into the motor. Got close to 800 miles on the set up with no issues to date. If anyone sees any concerns feel free to bring them to my attention. I'm not an engine guru when it comes to the physics of pressures inside motor and tank but engine builders I talked with see no issue with my concept.

IMG_1621.jpg
IMG_1622.jpg

So is the sludge (moisture/milky white crap)still circulate through the rov into the intake or does it now go through the bypass hose and back into the engine?That is assuming rov is still plumbed factory way .

Is it just me, or why would you want that milky white oily goo going back into engine?

I have not been seeing any milky residue from condensation in the bypass and i don't think it will accumulate. By pass line should always remain condensation free since air passing through is going from warm oil tank to warm engine. There really is no warm to cold contrast for condensation to form.

My only comment is my sled has the complete bypass. When I start it up in the morning after sitting outside all night, I can see a faint amount of steam/water vapor (just like you'd see from your car) coming out of the bypass hose so I know there is water vapor.

Thanks for the reply. With putting 800 miles on the bypass hose I was thinking that if there was any you would of seen it or signs if it in the hose.Now the next thing to do is find the best place to direct the milky oily crap other then the intake when still utilizing the rov.May be a baffled catch can.

I seen in apost on here that a member installed one on his sled and it worked well.My only concern would be that if rolled over that the catch can beening vented would loose what it caught.

I seen in apost on here that a member installed one on his sled and it worked well.My only concern would be that if rolled over that the catch can beening vented would loose what it caught.
How about a rollover valve on the catch can! (Sarcasm) Couldn't resist.

Then would have 2 frozen rov's to deal with lol.

Back