• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Frozen Roll Over Valve Solution

I don't know. Iddling is one thing but running a sled on snow with occasional WOT wouldn't it raise the pressure higher?

I'm thinking what if there is a indigestion/smoke issue with BOP bypass when running the sled, not during idling.

I'm thinking what if there is a indigestion/smoke issue with BOP bypass when running the sled, not during idling.
The ROV bypass goes from the oil tank to the valve cover - it's not vented to the intake. That's what was confusing us.

The valve cover is already vented to the intake, all Travis did was add an additional oil feed to the top of the engine should the ROV stick shut. That doesn't matter though because the ROV already is connected to the intake, so a small amount of oil is pushed to the intake tube (between the intake filter and turbocharger) when the tank/ROV burps.

Had very good results during some testing today. More details to come, but just wanted to update so you all know I'm still actively sorting this out. This has been working at me for weeks and it feels good to finally get to to the bottom of what's going on! I am feeling quite confident there will be no need to recall the kit.

nice , i have the kit waiting to put in! let us know! mine is a 21 so wondering if its really needed because rov is heated? more concerned about oil in air intake

nice , i have the kit waiting to put in! let us know! mine is a 21 so wondering if its really needed because rov is heated? more concerned about oil in air intake
I blew oil tank seal out on my 21 last winter. If you remember to key on and not start sled right away the heated valve works. I knew this but still would forget. The heater is electric and needs to be given enough time to thaw the valve.

I did everything that has been recommended other than the BOP bypass kit and still had sludge dripping onto my belts. It did cause some havoc, but since i was on to it, i was able to mitigate the damage done. If the BOP bypass does prevent this, i would say that you are out of harms way, if the bypass kit still allows the sludge to build in the airbox, then you may want to look into a ROV delete or doing a cold air intake tune like i did. the cold air for 2021 has a K&N filter that you can route to a better location. Since i have not run with the cold air yet i cannot report any changes or confirmations.......I may have not succeeded in getting rid of what i wanted to, or may have caused other unknown issues haha, its the spice of life i guess.

Again, it's not the roll over valve freezing causing the problem.

I blew oil tank seal out on my 21 last winter. If you remember to key on and not start sled right away the heated valve works. I knew this but still would forget. The heater is electric and needs to be given enough time to thaw the valve.
I will be leaving my key on for a while before turning over the engine...hopefully this ends the oil leaks and downpours of oil.Thanks for passing along this info, I haven't found this answer in the owners manual. However, I've heard from a dealer that your gasket works great to prevent blowouts of oil. Joe

Again, it's not the roll over valve freezing causing the problem.
I though I read on here that some had their ROV bypass hose freeze too?

Since I already bought the BOP bypass, I'm now thinking of using just using the end that screws to the oil tank and vent it to atmosphere. Similar to drilling small holes in the ROV. Should work?

Also remove the ROV hose from the air box to vent to atmosphere.

i just removed rov from air box this morning, routed out a bulkhead fitting, see how she goes, im also installing the bop bypass aswell

Attachments

• BDB557D9-4F9B-406B-85A8-F5D74C2F1282.jpeg
    BDB557D9-4F9B-406B-85A8-F5D74C2F1282.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 1316CD5B-08BF-4D0A-BB85-1E0A28B0553C.jpeg
    1316CD5B-08BF-4D0A-BB85-1E0A28B0553C.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 177
  • 567B7610-F4B8-439E-AFEE-F4A528A69A2F.jpeg
    567B7610-F4B8-439E-AFEE-F4A528A69A2F.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 204
I though I read on here that some had their ROV bypass hose freeze too?

Since I already bought the BOP bypass, I'm now thinking of using just using the end that screws to the oil tank and vent it to atmosphere. Similar to drilling small holes in the ROV. Should work?

Also remove the ROV hose from the air box to vent to atmosphere.
also just put fitting in tank to atmosphere, should work for now

Attachments

• 51454DB3-F733-4630-B09A-D333C508A154.jpeg
    51454DB3-F733-4630-B09A-D333C508A154.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 94F7CF04-CDC1-4B7A-A34F-07F736EECD8B.jpeg
    94F7CF04-CDC1-4B7A-A34F-07F736EECD8B.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 191
  • 95292E27-5829-4AB9-91A1-E2FF94037888.jpeg
    95292E27-5829-4AB9-91A1-E2FF94037888.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 187

Back