• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts New Driveshaft Solution

Is that a bearing with an eccentric locking collar?
Looks like the 3 Allen screws are near flush @ final seating. You may want to make sure that all screws have contacted the shaft surface before you seat the screws final torque,as pictured.To insure the collar is parallel to the shaft. I would use locktite and torque. I will be ordering.Did you mention mid summer availability?

Last edited:

My bearing is pressed on. Shaft was spray welded, then ground on center to produce a .0003-.0005" press fit to bearing. I use BOP puller to remove it (with caliper housing) and a simple press tool to re-install. Press tool is just a 3/8" threaded rod with nuts and washers on both ends. It's made so it comes apart into 3 pieces to be able to insert inside track shaft without interfering with belly pan on either side (have to remove rubber plug with magnets in it on chain case side). I just remove caliper housing with bearing, service it, then just use press tool to re-install.
We have a very similar set up. The shaft in my sidewinder is chrome plated, my buddies Tcat is spray welded. Both need to be press fit on install. I just had to tear mine apart due to chain case leaking and after 3 years with this set up its still like new money. Used a 3-prong puller to pull bearing and caliper housing, replaced chain case back assembly and reinstalled bearing/caliper housing with this threaded rod press tool. With the shaft and bearing out of the sled you still could not put the bearing on the shaft by hand. This may be over kill but we still use the BOP drive shaft saver for peace of mind.

Attachments

• sealmaster_bearing.1.jpg
    sealmaster_bearing.1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 66
DONE!! ordered.. Really looking forward to using this on a 2021 Cat 8000 that is badly worn shaft.. Will be reporting after install and as the season goes with this product! Thanks Travis

I got one before they sell out! I haven't had my shaft out yet, but judging by the intermittent brake pulse I had last year, I definitely need it! That and 4000 miles on my 2017 XTX SRViper....

I got one before they sell out! I haven't had my shaft out yet, but judging by the intermittent brake pulse I had last year, I definitely need it! That and 4000 miles on my 2017 XTX SRViper....
Great video ,and the big plus is NOT having to remove the drive shaft.Once the brake caliper is removed from tunnel the stock bearing is pressed out the new bearing and collar assy is pressed in to housing and slid over shaft

Great video ,and the big plus is NOT having to remove the drive shaft.Once the brake caliper is removed from tunnel the stock bearing is pressed out the new bearing and collar assy is pressed in to housing and slid over shaft
I think I'll order one soon - have 5k on my 18 and based on what other people are saying I'm assuming I have wear on my driveshaft.

DONE!! ordered.. Really looking forward to using this on a 2021 Cat 8000 that is badly worn shaft.. Will be reporting after install and as the season goes with this product! Thanks Travis
same! emailed him this morning to get one commin!

You guys better order a second bearing so you have a replacement on hand when riding.
Please post the bearing number so I can make my own at work on my lunch break.

Back