• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts New Driveshaft Solution

How much wear does your shaft have? I will be looking for some people to try out my new concept on a worn shaft.
I have not measured it, but plenty.. After I loaded it down with bearing mount put a couple hundred miles on, I went to check it and it basically falls right off shaft after removing 3 tunnel/caliper bolts. I will certainly try new concept and report here..

Tried bearing mount Green.. No go as the gap was to large. Turned it into powder after some miles. This is a 2021 8000 cat that the shaft was worn @ 180 miles from brand new from factory. I ran the sled for one trip without a wedge and its been garbage since. I looked up a new shaft a few months ago and it was "no longer available" NOT back ordered. ???

EDIT.. I do have a wedge on this sled @ 55lbs torque
I believe "shaft only" is discontinued, complete shaft assemblys are avalible, just picked up one a couple weeks ago, lucky i have cat and yammy in same building, big price diff between the two, cat was about 470.00 and yammy otd for me was 332.00....shop around in these times of greed!!

I believe "shaft only" is discontinued, complete shaft assemblys are avalible, just picked up one a couple weeks ago, lucky i have cat and yammy in same building, big price diff between the two, cat was about 470.00 and yammy otd for me was 332.00....shop around in these times of greed!!
Good to know thanks.. Full assembly meaning the shaft and the drivers correct?

Tried bearing mount Green.. No go as the gap was to large. Turned it into powder after some miles. This is a 2021 8000 cat that the shaft was worn @ 180 miles from brand new from factory. I ran the sled for one trip without a wedge and its been garbage since. I looked up a new shaft a few months ago and it was "no longer available" NOT back ordered. ???

EDIT.. I do have a wedge on this sled @ 55lbs torque

Back ordered. Think I will see what BOP comes up with first..

I got the shaft only Partzilla on April 13.

Interested to see what he comes up with. Sled has 8,000 miles on original shaft. Have a new shaft to put on this fall.

Those ordering new shafts.....how do you know you are getting the updated shaft? I don' think there was a new part number for 22 "hardened" shafts. I plan to do a file test with my 22 and see if it appears harder and look for any physical change that one can detect by eye to differentiate.

1651600633970.png
1651600633970.png2022 Sidewinder shaft part number. I DID NOT test shaft for hardness and or compare it to the 2021 8000 I have. I know its a cat part number

Good question..here is the tag on mine when I ordered from partizial in April..

Attachments

• 20220503_145742.jpg
    20220503_145742.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 80
Mine..

Attachments

• 20220503_150051.jpg
    20220503_150051.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 78
How much wear does your shaft have? I will be looking for some people to try out my new concept on a worn shaft.
I would recommend having anyone testing your new design to sign an NDA so it does not end up with a competitor.

I would recommend having anyone testing your new design to sign an NDA so it does not end up with a competitor.
A bit late for that. An NDA only covers the discussion from the point of signing forward to the end of the nda contract. All of the discussion here would not fall under NDA for instance. The fact that it has been discussed here gives any competitor an ability to copy the idea as it is so far with little risk and any modifications that they make would be their IP.

An NDA right now would only cover test results and anything undiscovered at this point in time but the core idea is already out there as it were.

A bit late for that. An NDA only covers the discussion from the point of signing forward to the end of the nda contract. All of the discussion here would not fall under NDA for instance. The fact that it has been discussed here gives any competitor an ability to copy the idea as it is so far with little risk and any modifications that they make would be their IP.

An NDA right now would only cover test results and anything undiscovered at this point in time but the core idea is already out there as it were.
You are probably correct. A little late for an NDA to do any good. We have some good guys on this forum that work hard to make some of our sleds negative proclivities better. I hate to see them ripped off.

Back