• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Be careful out there...

Wow, that is a wide corner too, go figure guy on a ski doo. Glad you are alright, people need to learn how to ride!!!!!

This last trip I had a guy coming around a corner, same as me. What does he do? He freaks out and pins it. That's right, why? Who knows.
Thank God I had room to get out of the guys way. Someone is always trying to kill me. At least that's what I tell myself. Lol!

Driving fast & hard (not irresponsibly) does prepare one for the inevitable. I've gotten out of the way plenty of times. Honestly, I would probably have a new sled every season.

O.P. hope all goes well. Please keep us posted.

Holy crap Brent! I just saw this now, Im just glad you are ok brother! Nothing worse then this, guy coming at you outa control and not much you can do. Grrrrr

Wishing you a full speedy recovery brother....Keep me posted, text me anytime.

Dan

Right...and when they show a finger or two, and you dont see anything for a while, ...watch out!! Ketchup Riding can be nasty!
You are so correct my friend,it always seems like the last couple in a group,are so far behind the groupe they don't know how close the lead two people came to anyone else on the other side of there trail,and they may be ridding over there head to catch up.

This year I was riding last in my group and the 2nd approaching rider coming down the straight away drove off the side of the trail into the deep powder while trying to signal me that there were more sleds coming. This was a wide section of trail and yes he was on yellow, but so are 75% of the riders here in Quebec. Lets not group all the idiots as being on yellow as most of the riders are on yellow and most people are driving over their head. I'm glad that Brent made it out alive and hopefully he recovers fully to ride again and the other fellow learns his lesson or better yet stops riding.

I think a percentage of riders buy into the marketing hype, that the sled's are 'the best handling ever', when in reality, you still only have 2 skis and a track. Like 4 tire patches on a car...they can only physically do so much,and snow changes constantly. Over their heads, yeah. Then you have the idiot factor to contend with, that rules of the road don't apply.
At least our sidewinder's were truthful...800 class dominating power...I would say so! And then some!

Sometimes where I ride if you look closely at a newly groomed trail and coming into a corner (even wide ones) you will see there has been what should be the "inside" for the oncoming traffic toward you have used the whole width which means they have been clearly all the way over into your lane... it pisses me off! It reminds me of a video I watched on here once of some guy with a Go Pro showing off his turbo viper (nothing against turbos) and how fast is was and the guy used EVERY corner for miles completely in the oncoming side! I'm speechless ......

I have been wearing a Tek Vest for the past few seasons. It has already saved me from falling ice once. After reading this looks like additional body armor is needed.

Back