• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Be careful with your sled in the back of a truck

Insurance companies are barely above lawyers on the A hole scale. Glad to see they came around and seen things your way. It should not have to come to getting upset to get what you paid for, but what do you expect from insurance companies anyhow. How many folks do you think they rip off with these tactics. With insurance companies you never ask. That gives them a choice and an oppurtunity to say no. You always tell them forthright and to the point what you want and expect. ;)! Glad to see you will be able to ride again maybe with a brand new 07.

You rate them above? I'm a very honest person but even I would consider ripping the insurance off before I ever did a lawyer.

At least Lawyers for the most part look you in the face while they are screwing you over. Ins companies just bend you over.

Who said anything about ripping them off! Just getting what you paid for is chore with those South end of a cow travelling North.

That is exactly why having a good insurance AGENT is sooooo important........they keep an eye out for you.

All these insurance companies that are getting rid of agents and selling insurance via the internet and 1-800#'s are the ones to look out for! "Hello...Yes this is ABC Insurance.....No.....I'm sorry........you have no coverage....CLICK!

If you get a good agent........you will never have to worry.....the agent will do the fighting for you......and understands the policy ;)!

I'm a lawyer. You know - according to Sled Dog - the guy just below insurance companies on the A hole scale. Just for good measure, I would like to get my hands on an A hole scale to check for myself. Does anyone know where I can buy one? I heard a rumor that Bender Racing made a 06 A hole scale and it is 12 pounds lighter than stock. :moon: At any rate, I am glad that things worked out for you with your insurance company, as it sounded like they were attempting to pull a fast one on you. :D

Yea sure but the agent sure dont go to bat for you when it comes time to deal dollars with an adjuster hired by the insurance company to save them as much money as possible. I would like to take their little black books and shove them well back into the same cow as earlier posts. Who wrote this damn book anyway? No doubt the insurance companies got together and made this book and all agreed to use it to baffle you and I into accepting less money for our insured item.

Sled Dog said:
Yea sure but the agent sure dont go to bat for you when it comes time to deal dollars with an adjuster hired by the insurance company to save them as much money as possible. I would like to take their little black books and shove them well back into the same cow as earlier posts. Who wrote this damn book anyway? No doubt the insurance companies got together and made this book and all agreed to use it to baffle you and I into accepting less money for our insured item.

As long as you can "back up" the value you are asking for.........there is plenty of room to move the adjuster's numbers in your favor. But you must have documentation to PROVE your loss......then it's pretty simple. ;)!

ps: And if YOUR agent won't help you on getting as much as you can on your loss.........get an agent that cares.

redrx1rkt said:
My insurance company has told me that my trailer is covered under my tow vehicle's liability policy because it's attached to the insured vehicle. Anybody confirm this, or is it BS?

The key word here is "Liability". They are probably referring to the liability incase your trailer comes loose from trailering and hits another vehicle......and the other vehicle sues you.

It would also be nice to know that your $5,000.00 trailer is covered for "physical damage" too! Make sure you have comprehensive and collision coverage on your trailer........most trailers are NOT covered for physical damage. ;)!

Quad Power said:
Sled Dog said:

As long as you can "back up" the value you are asking for.........there is plenty of room to move the adjuster's numbers in your favor. But you must have documentation to PROVE your loss......then it's pretty simple. ;)!

ps: And if YOUR agent won't help you on getting as much as you can on your loss.........get an agent that cares.

I have yet to have any agent even offer to help get me the proper amount for my loss it is up to me period. In Alberta that is the way it works anyhow.

On another note here guys if your trailer becomes detached from the truck it is a vehicle on its own and no longer covered by the trucks policy.
As stated make sure you have collision and there is an add on to the trailer as well.
Just casue you tell them full coverage dont mean your getting it.
Make sure you know what you have when you pay the bill.

My buddy got rear-ended in his car, his trunk was smashed in and in his trunk was an expensive set of golf clubs.The insurance kept saying that they won't cover the clubs, but he kept calling them over and over again and then finally they gave in and paid up.The guys are right,get some legal advice and don't give up!!

Yep, the insurance companies are definately out for themselves. You dont get one teeny tiny bit of sympathy or respect from any of them. After this, if they think I am still going to insure through them, they gotta be smokin crack. But they seem nice when you get the policy, just when you try and USE the policy. I had the truck and sled insured through the same company, but two different policies. I think I'll look around some more. Thanks for all the intrest guys. Take care and have a great day.

spankyrtx said:
Yep, the insurance companies are definately out for themselves. You dont get one teeny tiny bit of sympathy or respect from any of them. After this, if they think I am still going to insure through them, they gotta be smokin crack. But they seem nice when you get the policy, just when you try and USE the policy. I had the truck and sled insured through the same company, but two different policies. I think I'll look around some more. Thanks for all the intrest guys. Take care and have a great day.

Hey bud do you work in the oil patch or do you do work that is oil patch related? If you do go and join the local Oilmens Association. It will cost you $50 to join but you can save 15% across the board on all of your insurance costs. You will end up saving money! ;)! ;)!

Back