• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

as to rollers...if you get cat rollers...get the torlon ones...
Any special part number SJ?

I really like the ones Ulmer and STM sell...special material with lots of hi HP history. But also the most costly.

TP has them for less, and they look to be more like my doo roller material color, which held up fine and I think many here are using the TP rollers.

I installed the Hi Torque rollers in Toms and ran them in my cat with great results, and are in Canada so can be abit cheaper up there.

Im gonna try to dig up the cat roller part number and price them out.

Dan

I really like the ones Ulmer and STM sell...special material with lots of hi HP history. But also the most costly.

TP has them for less, and they look to be more like my doo roller material color, which held up fine and I think many here are using the TP rollers.

I installed the Hi Torque rollers in Toms and ran them in my cat with great results, and are in Canada so can be abit cheaper up there.

Dan
i have turbo dynamic ones love them worth the money !!! at first only one roller was touching but afer a couple of ride now all 3 touch great stuff !!!!

Dan
Thought you might need the Cat torlon roller part #

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 152
i have turbo dynamic ones love them worth the money !!! at first only one roller was touching but afer a couple of ride now all 3 touch great stuff !!!!
Yes the Hi Torque rollers I have used on toms SW and my cat are what Ben sells...nice stuff for sure and made in Canada.

hi torque rollers.jpg

Thought you might need the Cat torlon roller part #
Thanks, I did some googling earlier and came up with same part number. I did see some early versions of same part number that were cheaper, and dug alittle deeper to see the original model was NOT torlon material. So the part number supersedes to the new torlon. Just would hate to get the old ones by accident.

Any chance you got a pic or two of torlons? Id like to see the color to compare to some of these others im checking out. OSP has cheapest ive found so far at only 35 so I fired off an email to see who makes theirs.

Cat shows the pic of torlons as yellow color looks to be.....
torlon rollers.jpg

Thanks, I did some googling earlier and came up with same part number. I did see some early versions of same part number that were cheaper, and dug alittle deeper to see the original model was NOT torlon material. So the part number supersedes to the new torlon. Just would hate to get the old ones by accident.

Any chance you got a pic or two of torlons? Id like to see the color to compare to some of these others im checking out. OSP has cheapest ive found so far at only 35 so I fired off an email to see who makes theirs.

Cat shows the pic of torlons as yellow color looks to be.....View attachment 130283
My cat rollers are yellowish

according to the Yamaha rep the new rollers are made out of the same material just ground to size and not molded or vise versa can see why they are flat spotting..has anybody tried a new stock helix to see if they touch all 3 rollers?

according to the Yamaha rep the new rollers are made out of the same material just ground to size and not molded or vise versa can see why they are flat spotting..has anybody tried a new stock helix to see if they touch all 3 rollers?
All three of my stock rollers touch my stock helix on my 2017 Winder. I haven't had the new upgraded rollers installed yet.

All three of my stock rollers touch my stock helix on my 2017 Winder. I haven't had the new upgraded rollers installed yet.
I think this is key point, if all 3 touch properly they will have a lot longer life before they flat-spot. Maybe never flat-spot.

It would be a shame of yammie did not just make the new ones out of the same good materials as the cat torlons that seem to last and last. Or the fiber material like Hi Torque uses.

I do like the Hi torque design with there shoulder to inside and washer to outside.....theory is the outward centrif force will not rub like a flat sided roller will.

I put these in Toms last season...nice design.
IMG_8810.JPG
hi torque 4.JPG
hi torque 2.JPG
IMG_8814.JPG
hi torque 1.JPG

Back