• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Terry, thanks for this. I have been gathering up all the goodies I need for winter and like to get it all before I head north for good. And the rollers were one of those items(cheap) that I keep thinking just buy a set "just in case". And just not have to worry anymore. Seems like alot good aftermarket ones out there too now. I think it will be a good thing to have ready.

So you must have seen some of the "new" stock rollers already not faring so well?

Yes, seen first hand that they are flat spotting. Don't get me wrong, the sloppiness is a lot better with the replacements, but c'mon Yamaha....get yourself together.

OSP has cheapest ive found so far at only 35 so I fired off an email to see who makes theirs.

Cat shows the pic of torlons as yellow color looks to be....

I spoke with Jay today, their Rollers are made in house and made from Torlon material. So at $35, I ordered them up.

OSP rollers 3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I did some googling earlier and came up with same part number. I did see some early versions of same part number that were cheaper, and dug alittle deeper to see the original model was NOT torlon material. So the part number supersedes to the new torlon. Just would hate to get the old ones by accident.

Any chance you got a pic or two of torlons? Id like to see the color to compare to some of these others im checking out. OSP has cheapest ive found so far at only 35 so I fired off an email to see who makes theirs.

Cat shows the pic of torlons as yellow color looks to be.....View attachment 130283
Thery seem to be a yellow colour like in your picture, when they were new. This picture is them used for one season, seem to hold up good.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 119
Thanks for the pic.....It seems the Torlon material is a yellow(deep) color. From all I have heard who ran them , and the fact cats have been good since changing to Torlon, leads me to believe they will be a great long term roller.

Really ridiculous that yam doesn't just fix that issue correctly! I guess we will know more this season from guys how run their 18s with stock rollers. I just would rather put all good stuff in the clutching from get go.

I think that photo i posted above, is a b&w, so they dont look yellow but when mine arrive I will take some pics. Assuming they are yellow as well.

Last edited:
Beast,I was writing about the orange PRIMARY spring from Thunder. I have the new secondary orange spring to try this year.
Oh I am sorry,i did not know they had a new primary spring,if you get it,and have good results,please post please.

Just an FYI on the new orange secondary spring from Thunder Products....

Friend of mine who is running a turbo viper on asphalt gained 3 mph this weekend at the Amsnow shootout.....just by putting in the orange secondary spring. He is happier than a tornado in a trailer park because he could not hit 150mph with the spring he was using. He is now a member of the 150 mph club!!!

IMG_4558.JPG

OK, I have to admit that I did not take the time to read this entire thread so please forgive me if this question is answered elsewhere in this thread.

Here is a picture of the clutch parts that I purchased from Ben at TD. Do I want to purchase an aftermarket helix and if so which one and why.

I am an aggressive trail rider who occasionally rides on the lakes & rivers. I don't care so much about top speed but rather like a strong hole shot and the arm stretching pull corner to corner on the trail.

Thanks in advance for the help!

View attachment 133500

OK, I have to admit that I did not take the time to read this entire thread so please forgive me if this question is answered elsewhere in this thread.

Here is a picture of the clutch parts that I purchased from Ben at TD. Do I want to purchase an aftermarket helix and if so which one and why.

I am an aggressive trail rider who occasionally rides on the lakes & rivers. I don't care so much about top speed but rather like a strong hole shot and the arm stretching pull corner to corner on the trail.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Blue Dave, I got the same kit from TD as well except I got the Black/Blue spring. Curious as to how much of a difference there is. I think my daltons are adjustable from like 72-80 grams wondering where to start with setup.

Blue Dave, I got the same kit from TD as well except I got the Black/Blue spring. Curious as to how much of a difference there is. I think my daltons are adjustable from like 72-80 grams wondering where to start with setup.

I am wondering the same. I need to call Ben anyway to figure out how to load my tune bundle so I will ask him about the spring color difference, the set screw weight adjustment and if I would benefit from a different helix. Ill post the answers here afterwards.

I am wondering the same. I need to call Ben anyway to figure out how to load my tune bundle so I will ask him about the spring color difference, the set screw weight adjustment and if I would benefit from a different helix. Ill post the answers here afterwards.

I have not opended the dalton weights yet but I see there is a paper in there I wonder if there is a starting setup?

I spoke with Jay today, their Rollers are made in house and made from Torlon material. So at $35, I ordered them up.

View attachment 130299

Yep... I got Jim to make them early on and I spec'd the exact material... don't forget cat had years on roller drivens and had many roller failures...i just borrowed their final material...

As to needing a helix...i contend even though the stock helix is far from precise.... it works... if a guy wants to spend some money and get a new one so be it... but what you got from TD will work for you...don't forget they test what they sell... which map and exhaust do you have?

Yep... I got Jim to make them early on and I spec'd the exact material... don't forget cat had years on roller drivens and had many roller failures...i just borrowed their final material...

As to needing a helix...i contend even though the stock helix is far from precise.... it works... if a guy wants to spend some money and get a new one so be it... but what you got from TD will work for you...don't forget they test what they sell... which map and exhaust do you have?

Not sure who you are asking but I have the TD PT-CAI and stock modded muffler.

I got the TD heavy duty rollers, the Black orange spring from Dalton that you look to have there, and the Dalton reverse 33/35 Helix. Haven't gotten anything for the primary as of now. Was going to see how this worked when I take my first ride. But I got the Helix as I stated from Dalton...it's a beautifully made piece of equipment..real quality for sure. I'd get it if I were you...you've come this far lol.

I got the TD heavy duty rollers, the Black orange spring from Dalton that you look to have there, and the Dalton reverse 33/35 Helix. Haven't gotten anything for the primary as of now. Was going to see how this worked when I take my first ride. But I got the Helix as I stated from Dalton...it's a beautifully made piece of equipment..real quality for sure. I'd get it if I were you...you've come this far lol.

WinterWolf you have a point there. LOL. There are so many choices.

Back