• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

IMG_0795.JPG
My helix has 33/35 on it the early ones must be labeled or you got the wrong one? Idk I didn't get mine till June for asphalt racing?
My Glide washers and Helix arrived today....I see Dalton makes them for Lonn, a typical gorgeous piece of artwork as usual!

As for labeling, surely could have just stamped 33/35 on the side like Dalton does, this is not a "kit" where angles need to be kept secret. But instead they have a number TSK-791 on the receipt, and YSR TP2 on the BOX, then on the side of helix it says "TP2", then on the face of helix it says 0270. Nowhere in the packaging or on helix does it say 33/35. Now when you own a box of clutch parts, these type of things tend to drive me nuts.

Hope you guys who all ordered the 33/35 get these same numbers as I did, so at least I will feel better that I got the correct angle.

Some pics.....

Dan

.................View attachment 129983 View attachment 129984 View attachment 129985 View attachment 129986 View attachment 129987 View attachment 129988 View attachment 129989 View attachment 129990 View attachment 129991

^^ oh I like that! They are a nice piece no doubt.

Heard from another member who got his 18, no changes he has seen so far in clutching parts. Ugh.

Dan

^^ oh I like that! They are a nice piece no doubt.

Heard from another member who got his 18, no changes he has seen so far in clutching parts. Ugh.

Dan
Dan even if they did make changes on the 18 clutch you know it wouldn't matter to you. I know you will be testing everything and by mid season you will have yours all dialed in with after market parts anyway.;)! I think it's going to be a fun Winter and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your SW. Let me know when you are planning on going to Dons and maybe I'll bring my sled in then for updates.:sled2:

My Glide washers and Helix arrived today....I see Dalton makes them for Lonn, a typical gorgeous piece of artwork as usual!

As for labeling, surely could have just stamped 33/35 on the side like Dalton does, this is not a "kit" where angles need to be kept secret. But instead they have a number TSK-791 on the receipt, and YSR TP2 on the BOX, then on the side of helix it says "TP2", then on the face of helix it says 0270. Nowhere in the packaging or on helix does it say 33/35. Now when you own a box of clutch parts, these type of things tend to drive me nuts.

Hope you guys who all ordered the 33/35 get these same numbers as I did, so at least I will feel better that I got the correct angle.

Some pics.....

Dan

.................View attachment 129983 View attachment 129984 View attachment 129985 View attachment 129986 View attachment 129987 View attachment 129988 View attachment 129989 View attachment 129990 View attachment 129991
Dan mine came in today and it also has TP2 stamped on it and the box has YSR TP2 also. The difference is mine is stamped 0277 not 0270. I'm not sure why the difference?

dalton makes helixes for other vendors....the codes are for their protection..verify with whom you bought it from....for example I have some helixes made for d&d which are a four digit code

Dan mine came in today and it also has TP2 stamped on it and the box has YSR TP2 also. The difference is mine is stamped 0277 not 0270. I'm not sure why the difference?
That is likely a "lot" number, or "batch" number....The TP2 should be their code for the angle.

I just would have like to see it stamped with it properly, not like I was buying a kit.

That is likely a "lot" number, or "batch" number....The TP2 should be their code for the angle.

I just would have like to see it stamped with it properly, not like I was buying a kit.
I know it's kind of weird since we ordered a 33/35 helix and we knew what the angles were. In the past when you bought some of these clutch kits they kept the helix info off them so guys wouldn't make their own kits. Well I won't tell anybody the angle of the TP2 helix from TP that's for sure. Unless they ask me.:rolleyes:

Im guessing Lonn will maybe be making a kit, and this is the reason. Only makes sense.

I just was worried, as it was not even on the damn receipt or anywhere written.....They emailed me back assuring me it was the 33/35. lol

my 2018 winder is in. im alittle worried about blowing belts. should I install just this red spring to help stop that. or do I need a whole clutch kit and helix

my 2018 winder is in. im alittle worried about blowing belts. should I install just this red spring to help stop that. or do I need a whole clutch kit and helix
You may not have any issues at all. A lot of us (myself included) put over 1000 miles on last year on our 2017 'winders with no belt issues whatsoever.

From what I'm seeing though, this thunder products spring is very cheap insurance to guarantee you don't have any secondary spring issues.

Very loaded question that will bring many replies......

For me, this would be the CHEAPEST ONE THING that "MAY" help give better belt life, ease your mind on secondary coil bind, and likely help performance down low. Many other things MAY help too, but they are all more costly and very well may not be needed for good belt life.

So for the 35(TP) / 29(Dalton) bucks or so, a spring would be a simple thing to at least start with.

BTW they are both Orange(TP) or Black/Orange(Dalton)

Dan

You may not have any issues at all.
From what I'm seeing though, this thunder products spring is very cheap insurance to guarantee you don't have any secondary spring issues.

Blake - You will not need a whole clutch kit....the new orange Sidewinder spring will eliminate the coil bind on top end...I believe this was a huge factor why some were blowing belts. But do know some were caused by other issues like offset.
A good clutch kit can give you more performance along with better fuel mileage......plus longer belt life.

nadekeys - Agreed

Blake - You will not need a whole clutch kit....the new orange Sidewinder spring will eliminate the coil bind on top end...I believe this was a huge factor why some were blowing belts. But do know some were caused by other issues like offset.
A good clutch kit can give you more performance along with better fuel mileage......plus longer belt life.

nadekeys - Agreed
What did you end up with on your whole clutch set up?

Ha I bought the 33/35 helix and rollers. Forgot about spring...... Probably need that?

Back