• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bolt on power coming?

I just read at a swedish snowmobile site, that MCX is going to produce a Turbo kit wich Yamaha dealers in North america are going to offer as an accessory.
It will be a cheaper kit without a head chim and will produce 180 hp.

Here is the link, incase some of you can read Swedish, or just use some translator program.
http://www.snowrider.se/default.asp?NewsID=2640

Text translated in Google Translate:

MCX introduces two new Yamaha kits for 2010.
The coming season, MCX offers more options for those who want to boost their Yamahas.

Mild pressure kit for Nytro 2010

For Nytro, MCX has now developed a slightly cheaper kit wich is
easier to mount.
With 0.4 bar boost pressure at sea level to deliver the 180 hp, which
is good here at sea level, but very good at 3000 meters above
sea.
It is therefore the question 1.4 bar of absolute pressure and the kit will
be sold by Yamaha dealers in North America as an accessory.
On the other side of the Atlantic run, as you know very high altitude
with powder machines and now, you can buy a new Yamaha
Nytro with 180 horses which is a huge amount compared with
the aspirated engines any time. Next year's Nytro 162 "are a bit
under powered at higher altitude but now has Swedish MCX
found a cure for it!
The kit is a simple variation of their MCX 240/270hk-kit and can
subsequently updated to fullpower for those who wish.
A simpler fuel and plenary and a waste gate clock
that opens at 0.4 bar is what differentiates.
The great thing is that you can run with standard compression,
which reduces assemblytime from 12 hours to only 6!
These kits will be ready for delivery in early autumn.
This rate is so far the most thought of the North American
market. This home is full-power rate to be preferred.

The second innovation is designed to FAITHFUL Apex. Here
, a new kit with mid mounted turbo. So "Nytroso
style ".
With 19-charger in the saddle achieve even better response,
lower noise level (as an effective silencer fit) and
lower weight.
Moreover, mskinen nicer then "space rockets" are eliminated.
The kit is tested for two years on Alf Sund's own snowmobile and
it has worked perfectly.
-Here is the world's best turbo kit that sits on the world best
snowmobile, the combination of 290-310hk and a Challenger
Extreme track is impressive. I think I have the world's best
snowmobile! In all cases, the world's most snowmobile! Concludes nature. Biased
or impartial yes that is the issue of allowing someone to speak on
their very own snowmobile.

Links:
mc-xpress.com

By: Patrik Larsson

I did some diggin...MCxpress 180HP turbo kit will sell for about $4500.00 Canuck bucks. That's just for the kit. It sounds like it should be straight forward for the install, but at that price, I can't see myself doing it. The $/HP is too high on this kit. If it was in that $2000.00 range, I would be in. Can't see them sellin a whole lot at that price.

If I had that kind of money for add ons, I would be going for the full kit for another couple grand.

I still think there are issues to be had with bad gas and IMO, gas in northern Ontario sucks and you could end up blowing up pretty easily. Too much money for me to see it go poof in a flash...

SledFreak said:
I still think there are issues to be had with bad gas and IMO, gas in northern Ontario sucks and you could end up blowing up pretty easily. Too much money for me to see it go poof in a flash...

I agree, sure it would be fun but keeping my sled stock, I know its always turn key and go. Buying 91/93 octane gas from some small trailside shop or some gas station in the middle of no where is quite often risky. Alot of coin to spend to watch it go down the drain with a mishap that probaly wouldnt of happened to a stock engine. Just my .02

Mcx is coming with a 180 HP kit for the Nytro that doesn´t require any engine modification, no need to lower the compression. It´s supposed to be sold by Yamaha dealers in North America as an option for the MTX model that has to low power at high heights.
It will be cheaper then theres 270 HP kit but an upgrade to 270 HP will be able. And with our week currency in Sweden the price might be just right. ;)!

From what I have read about the Yamaha card you can purchase Yamaha accessories on it. So can you use a Yamaha card to buy this bolt on power?

Anybody else notice this from Chris Reid's blog?

" was totaly ready to ride the new Vector next year but something has come up that really got my attention and I have decided I will once again be on board an Apex. But this one will be special with the addition of a couple of new, soon to be released accessories… (fingers crossed)."

http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/

Seems to corroborate, if not confirm, some kind of factory bolt on HP accessory.

Back