• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bottom chaincase bolt (again)

Roest said:
According to BCBOOST the spacer cures the problem. Its not that the spacer keeps the bolt from bottoming out in the driveshaft, rather that without the spacer the collar bore does not meet the end of the driveshaft. Its shy by about 5mm and thus the collar presses against the part Yamaha calls a "journal". Just installed spacer on a friends sled. It hasn't been ridden so time will tell. As far as mine....I don't have reverse.

Old bolt p/n 90105-10320-00
New bolt p/n 90105-10368-00

I'm sure there was another post on this? Can someone confirm my thinking on this before I put it back together. The "collar" does not meet the drive shaft this we know, so the bolt will have a "stretch" factor on it when we tighten it, then any run out from drive shaft, collar and bearing will be directed to that "weak" area of bolt causing it to break. If the drive shaft were the right length ( longer) the collar would bottom out and the breakage would not occur.
So the washer are making up this space..

Would the new bolt not break as well without washers? ( spacers)?

HRD2PLZ said:
BoonDock Saint said:
FYI p/n has changed again to 90105-10369-00 checked on portyamaha

Mine broke, runnin without it now.

Leaning towards running it without bolt, I don't see any wear on the collar where it was running on it's own. The bolt head did do some damage to the cover, I'd love to have more feedback..

Thanks

all i got "on hand" is a regular 8.8 grade bolt and washer....should i wait 2days for the oem bolt or can i use this one???

IF i use the 8.8 bolt i would use it with out the washer...i am afraid the washer will move aroung IF the bolt manage to break again!!!
fx.nytro 2008 10000km original bolt
my was broken when i check!!!

walty said:
all i got "on hand" is a regular 8.8 grade bolt and washer....should i wait 2days for the oem bolt or can i use this one???

IF i use the 8.8 bolt i would use it with out the washer...i am afraid the washer will move aroung IF the bolt manage to break again!!!
fx.nytro 2008 10000km original bolt
my was broken when i check!!!

Mine just went back together without any bolt, 75% of the Nytro's out there are running around with broken bolts in them, mine just won't have the hardware bouncing around. There is a reason these bolts are fatiguing and it's more than just the gap between the drive shaft and collar..

800km's on $25.00 spacer fix and all is goood!

TTT...some good info for the new round of broken bolts.

canoehead said:

X2. The only way to fix it properly without buying the updated longer axle etc.. A different bolt is not the fix once you understand what's wrong.

Roest said:
canoehead said:

X2. The only way to fix it properly without buying the updated longer axle etc.. A different bolt is not the fix once you understand what's wrong.

What type of metal are you guys using for your spacers??

upei93 said:
Roest said:
canoehead said:

What type of metal are you guys using for your spacers??
Steel

Back