• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Busted chaincase!!

Picked up my machine today no charge. Area rep admitted to dealer that there are problems with the chaincase. Dealer changed everything inside the chaincase plus the right side case. Sounds a lot better now hope it stays that way. Thank you Yamaha and Brian. Dealer suspects chain tensioner to tight, set to owners manual but still too tight should be finger tight and back off 1.5 turns not .25 turns.

Is this issue occurring on all Viper model years? Any '15s having this problem?

For the guy's having the wrong manual I'm sure that you're dealer can order one under warranty if you really wanted the correct information at no cost to you. Its worth asking.

Still wondering what the manual says on the 2015.
read through the thread it's mentioned more than once

QUOTE="harell, post: 1222547, member: 22070"]Picked up my machine today no charge. Area rep admitted to dealer that there are problems with the chaincase. Dealer changed everything inside the chaincase plus the right side case. Sounds a lot better now hope it stays that way. Thank you Yamaha and Brian. Dealer suspects chain tensioner to tight, set to owners manual but still too tight should be finger tight and back off 1.5 turns not .25 turns.

Is this still a problem on the 2015's?
Have they updated the chain case for 2016?
cheers

Just spent a couple minutes at Eckland Yamaha parts. I wonder if Yamaha isn't privy to this issue. Check out what item #1 contains. That's an awful lot of parts for a 120.00 bucks.

http://parts.ecklundmotorsports.com/oemparts/a/yam/53307294f870024560f03fc8/track-drive-2

Case, both bearings, clips, seals, adjuster.....

Im fine with that. Discover an issue they have no intentions of fixing after warranty but at least make the price of parts reasonable. I ran into that with my Phazer. Tunnel Block off kit was cheap, cooling fan was cheap. Some common bug on my Nytro was also cheap to purchase.

I see no revised part numbers for the bearings.

Just spent a couple minutes at Eckland Yamaha parts. I wonder if Yamaha isn't privy to this issue. Check out what item #1 contains. That's an awful lot of parts for a 120.00 bucks.

http://parts.ecklundmotorsports.com/oemparts/a/yam/53307294f870024560f03fc8/track-drive-2

Case, both bearings, clips, seals, adjuster.....

Im fine with that. Discover an issue they have no intentions of fixing after warranty but at least make the price of parts reasonable. I ran into that with my Phazer. Tunnel Block off kit was cheap, cooling fan was cheap. Some common bug on my Nytro was also cheap to purchase.

I see no revised part numbers for the bearings.

Wow that's cheap...
must be a mistake!

Back