• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Check out the new Yamaha RMAX4 & RMAX2 1000!!!

Guy's are having enough problems with those shocks on the sleds in the few months of winter that we get, I'm not big on stuff going back to the dealer for warranty work all the time

Too many stupid gadgets that cost big money when they fail and they almost always do.
I call them Beatch features, most of that stuff is demanded by consumers as a status symbol...... look what my vehicle can do that yours can’t.

I’ll pass on that junk.

Well I let my right foot be my status symbol but there must be something to the shock package because all the higher end machines have them. I totally understand if it's a money thing but the LE isn't that much more expensive for the added features you get. It's only money dude you will piss it away one way or another anyways.

Well I let my right foot be my status symbol but there must be something to the shock package because all the higher end machines have them. I totally understand if it's a money thing but the LE isn't that much more expensive for the added features you get. It's only money dude you will piss it away one way or another anyways.
I'm with you. I ordered the LE. I knew I didn't want the base model. I wanted the Carnivores, the adventure pro, winch, stereo, etc.. added all the extras myself in the past and I've realized my limited time is too valuable to be wasting putting those things on myself. If I was home all the time it'd be one thing but I'm home 1 weekend a month at best. I would've went XTR and did an aftermarket stereo but I don't like the color. I was a little tentative about the electronic shocks but we'll see. No status symbol here, I just know how I'd rather spend my time

Right on, by the time you spend all that money on aftermarket stuff you would have spent more than what the LE cost. I've been down that road with my YXZ i can't keep track of how much money I've spent on it but if I wouldn't of spent it there it would have gone some where else. Oh well, it's up to the individual do it how ya want because you only live once and it goes around faster than you think.

I'm curious why they developed a new twin 1K motor for it, instead of utilizing their already proven 1K triples...

X2...especially considering they've always stated the reason for not producing a two stroke is because their motors are multi-use. Well, there a crap tons of guys waiting for the 998T to be dropped into one of their side-by-sides. :dunno:

X2...especially considering they've always stated the reason for not producing a two stroke is because their motors are multi-use. Well, there a crap tons of guys waiting for the 998T to be dropped into one of their side-by-sides. :dunno:

Yea what he said ^^^^^^^^^

I'm curious why they developed a new twin 1K motor for it, instead of utilizing their already proven 1K triples...

Be prepared for the worst, I can smell it coming..... Oh the two cylinders make more torque BS. They will hang a turbo on this new two cylinder and offer it up in the YXZ. Yea it will outperform the current N/A 998 triple, with a bunch of nonsense about the smoother power curve. Then it will go into the Sidewinder advertised as lighter and better center of gravity....... marketing BS.
The reality is the almighty dollar, it costs a lot less to produce a two cylinder engine than a three cylinder. Wait and see.......it’s the beginning of the end for triples.
History repeats itself.

Be prepared for the worst, I can smell it coming..... Oh the two cylinders make more torque BS. They will hang a turbo on this new two cylinder and offer it up in the YXZ. Yea it will outperform the current N/A 998 triple, with a bunch of nonsense about the smoother power curve. Then it will go into the Sidewinder advertised as lighter and better center of gravity....... marketing BS.
The reality is the almighty dollar, it costs a lot less to produce a two cylinder engine than a three cylinder. Wait and see.......it’s the beginning of the end for triples.
History repeats itself.
It’s worse than that. We still need to examine this new motor to be sure that it’s even made by Yamaha and not a junk Subaru or some other outsourced motor like they tried in some without telling anyone.

It’s worse than that. We still need to examine this new motor to be sure that it’s even made by Yamaha and not a junk Subaru or some other outsourced motor like they tried in some without telling anyone.
Exactly! Just like the short lived 708 motor they tried in the grizz and the first wolverine. I believed it was made by Suzuki.

Has anyone been able to find out if a pure Yami motor? The 850 is a Yami motor correct?

I haven’t gotten to see one yet but nobody has said otherwise so far. Buddy’s dad got one last week and is very happy. So far so good.
Going to assume the 850 and 1k are the same block, bigger piston/jug?

Back