• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Check your chaincase chain adjuster!

If you own a winder you better know how to weld and have a shop with all the tools. You also better have BOP on speed dial.
I have owned several Ski Doo's so I'm used to working on sleds!! That's why I went with Yamaha powered sleds, gas and go!

If you own a winder you better know how to weld and have a shop with all the tools. You also better have BOP on speed dial.
You forgot having to eat a fun factor sandwich? Obviously you cant have fun on anything but Yellow sleds

Sorry guys I didn’t want to bash the Winder but when I read posts where guys act like everyone should know better and they should have welded the screw on their adjuster it irritates me. You guys act like all these issues are common knowledge and it’s their fault their chain case exploded.
Remember when Rockerdans case exploded. He is by far one of the most capable wrenches ever to own a Winder and he fell victim to Cat ridiculous DNA issues.

Sorry guys I didn’t want to bash the Winder but when I read posts where guys act like everyone should know better and they should have welded the screw on their adjuster it irritates me. You guys act like all these issues are common knowledge and it’s their fault their chain case exploded.
Remember when Rockerdans case exploded. He is by far one of the most capable wrenches ever to own a Winder and he fell victim to Cat ridiculous DNA issues.
Lots of winders running strong without a welded chain tensioner. I ran 5K and mine was snug as a bug..
I get your point, we just have to jab back a little when you jab? ;)

Lots of winders running strong without a welded chain tensioner. I ran 5K and mine was snug as a bug..
I sold my Winder to my nephew and I have checked that screw every year since and it’s been fine. I will again be checking it soon when I get it ready for the season. I absolutely hate working on that sled but he just doesn’t have the knowledge to get that sled ready for the season. I honestly wish he would sell it so I never have to work on it again. It takes me a full day to change the oil and filter and take apart the chain case as change that fluid.along with all the other things to go over.

My buddy has 17 000 + km on his 2017 and has never had an issue with his tensioner.

Just pulled one apart on an 18 XTX, one screw a few turns loose, the other, two threads from falling out. The screws had cut a slot all the way past the chamfer for screw head. They had tons of loctite residue on them. tightened and welded. Poor design (surprise!), Installing DMC top gear and brass shifter pads.

When I see a Winder or Viper sitting at an intersection, gas station or a choke and puke. I'll strike up a conversation with the owners about mods and maintenance of the pro cross chassis. I'm shocked at how little most know about the quirks and shortcomings of the chassis. Some are very interested and others just don't seem too care and tell me. I'll have the dealer check that! I always mention TY and this forum for all the info they need to know! Some look at me like I'm a total asshole and what kind of piece of #*$&@ sled did I buy. But I assure them once the AC shortcomings are worked out the ProCross chassis is pretty much bullet proof! It just sucks after spending thousands on a sled, we the consumer have to fix all of AC's screw ups!

Back