• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve leading edge install

TD Max

Lifetime Member
So Curve has a template that they instruct you to use when installing their leading edge. It seems they really want you to use this. It's $15 and doesn't look like anything special though. Am I missing something here? :confused: Wouldn't it be just as easy to have a print sheet and use that to determine the attach points? That or dimple the ski at the factory. Or better yet instead of a Curve sticker how about a template sticker?

I don't want to sound like a cheap SOB because I'm not, but things like this are hard to justify owning and something that you would expect automatically with a premium product.

I have the 6" shapers mounted up. I suppose I should try them without first..

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks $15 for a template you will use 1 time is crazy. They should just mold it out of plastic and ditch the aluminum and save everyone $10 and include it with the skis and up the ski price like $5 or something. then again I also think the finish work on the loops should be better for the price.

Come on back to the shop... I have several sleds I can pull the dimensions from... its so easy its not worth buying the template.

I love the Curves but the leading edge does very little to improve performance. I had one catch on a rail last season and the impact tore the a-arms off my Nytro. I wouldn't install them again.

I love the Curves but the leading edge does very little to improve performance. I had one catch on a rail last season and the impact tore the a-arms off my Nytro. I wouldn't install them again.

I had this happen with a simple set of carbide...

yes, but the chances are increased with the leading edge installed and with minimal to no gain in performance the risk isn't worth it.

yes, but the chances are increased with the leading edge installed and with minimal to no gain in performance the risk isn't worth it.

Im sorry but I have been running these for years .... and I have had zero problem. Works better then a single bar to prevent darting.... A slim jim dually works better in all cases on the same ski but the leading edge still work for me... as far as cost... I guess to each his own.

To add to this... I have these on 5 different sleds with one of the sleds having over 13000 miles. How fast do you go over train tracks??? I am very slow after a simple set of carbides ripped my front end of my Apex GT in 2006.

I buckled a trailing arm on SRX on tracks also stock skis with newer carbides. Now I go very slow and if tracks stick up I will sit on back of seat. Is crazy how good carbide grabs a train track. Sorry for your bad luck Grizz. That sucks but it can and will happen with any carbide.

TD didn't Curve have a template you can print off like Ryan said?

the problem is that some of the trails here in NY are tracks that are covered with snow. It's not crossing them its riding on them for miles and miles.

I buckled a trailing arm on SRX on tracks also stock skis with newer carbides. Now I go very slow and if tracks stick up I will sit on back of seat. Is crazy how good carbide grabs a train track. Sorry for your bad luck Grizz. That sucks but it can and will happen with any carbide.

TD didn't Curve have a template you can print off like Ryan said?

They have instructions that can be printed showing how to install the LE. There are drawings showing the template and how to use it.

I don't understand why this can be so complicated that it requires a metal template? The holes need to be centered and a specific distance from a specific point plus a c-to-c to match the part. I swear I saw at one point where they wanted you to use a collar drill stop, but can't seem to find that now.

http://www.curveindustries.com/articles/Leading Edge Manual Back_1.pdf

Does this leading edge help stop darting? Do they recommend shimming? Just put a set on and I set the toe to there 1/4 in toe out recommendations and she still darts

I installed the 2" leading edges on my Curves. I don't think they do much to reduce darting. I wouldn't buy them again.

Does this leading edge help stop darting? Do they recommend shimming? Just put a set on and I set the toe to there 1/4 in toe out recommendations and she still darts

It will help if you get your skis to ride flat. If you jack up the front of the sled and the skis hang to the front then you need to shim the heel... if they hang flat, then toe out 1/4 to 1/2. I hate the littlest bit of darting so I run the Slim Jim Dually on the skis and no leading edge.

With all the different models I have with skis, some it works great and others its not the fix...

Back