• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve skis

If your trailer has a cover that goes inside the outside lip two sleds with Curves or 6.9 Pilots will not fit side by side. If top rests on the lip like my Triton they fit by a 1/4 in. With a open trailer they will fit all modern 8.5 trailers. With my old trailer I overlapped the skis. Never hurt anything.

Curves are the icing on the cake for the viper! The leading edge takes out any darting, however it doesn't dart enough to be a big deal, IMO, unless you have money laying around the LE isn't needed. I thought shappers made it a little too tight and went back to just a round bar.

Thanks everyone for the help. I'll stop by my dealer and get a price on the skis. I saw the black on black w/4" carbides online for like $290 free shipping no tax + $40 for the mount kit. If my dealer can come close to this price with blue skis and white loops I'll go w/them if not then black will do. I'm not gonna pay an insane premium for colors. Heck I have black now so no biggy.

Installed the Curve ski's this season.

First few rides I ran the stock 4" carbide. Ski's tracked and cornered great. Very little darting.

Installed the 6" carbides. Noticed quite a bit more darting when the carbides were new.
The daring was reduced as the carbides wore. I am running 1/2"-5/8" toe out.

Installed the 4" leading edge and now with the 6" carbides the darting is virtually gone.
Ski's track and corner great. Float and carve great in deep snow.

Great ski's.

Thanks everyone for the help. I'll stop by my dealer and get a price on the skis. I saw the black on black w/4" carbides online for like $290 free shipping no tax + $40 for the mount kit. If my dealer can come close to this price with blue skis and white loops I'll go w/them if not then black will do. I'm not gonna pay an insane premium for colors. Heck I have black now so no biggy.

That is a VERY good price.

That is what I paid for mine it was a package deal from Curve. Every other brand I checked was more.

I got lucky, bought when Dalton in Canada was closing them out. White skis with blue loops, 2 inch leading edge, and 6 inch round bars for 325, and that including shipping. That was with the mount kit too.

Does anyone know what the difference between the Curve XS and the Curve XS Leader Package is? I was wondering if it pays to spend a little more and buy the XS

I read somewhere the leader package doesn't come with stainless hardware.

Just give Curve a call. They have been extremely helpful to everyone I know who has called!

The leader package does not have the fancy hardware, comes in black, and includes 4" carbides. The reg XS skis can be bought in whatever color you want, I don't think they come with loops (I may be wrong on that) and they don't come with carbides. They come with SS hardware and have a neat looking billet aluminum cap nut on the inside front of the ski loop. The leader is just the bolt sticking up with a lock nut on it. If you don't care about the fancy colors and billet cap nuts the leader package will save you some $. I have the leader package and my buddy has the regular XS in white with the SS and cap nut. The nut looks nice but I personally don't think its worth the extra $. They should sell that as like a $5 part or something lol.

Back