• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Elka or fox qs3

Kris711

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha Sidewinder Ltx-se
2017 Skidoo Mxzx 850
I have a sidewinder ltx se. I'm going to upgrade all four shocks. Would you recommend Elka stage 4 or the qs3r 2.0

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Qs3r's all the way. Elka makes an okay atv shock. Another worthy of mentioning for good value is the zbroz exit shocks.

Or get a knowledgeable shock tuner that's revalved fox shox before to taylor the stockers to suit.

I would say just revalve your shocks to suit your needs. I had hygear revalve my lxr rear shocks and was well worth the money, will have the fronts done to match the rears.

I was thinking about revalveing the front shocks but wasn't sure the rears were worth putting the money into

I have had both, elkas give more fine tuning if that is what you want , qs3 are easier to understand but would say myself when you understand what the adjustments on the elkas do and how they affect the shock that the elkas are a better shock imo, better resistance to bottoming imo as well

I've had some issues with Elkas in the past. They also don't have a very high oil capacity in their main chambers vs the competition. Small diameter. To each their own. Pretty though lol.

I like my Elka :)

The setup is perfect on my procross

If I can say just 1 thing is that the QS3R's work great on the LTX Winder. Not saying that revalving stock shocks or going to Elka's might do the trick but the QS3R's take out the guess work.
I have never had other shocks, Ohlins and KYB's on a sled work as well as these. With just one click it changes everything.

Os3 for the money! Easy to adjust on the trail and they flat out work!

Should I have the QS3's valved or they good right out of the box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should I have the QS3's valved or they good right out of the box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There good right out of the box. I'v been running diffrent conditions through out the day the past two weekends and switched from 1-3 multiple times in one day back and forth and there spot on. Ya with more clicks like the Elkas or Exits etc. I could've tweaked it a little more here and there but it wouldn't be worth the effort to stop and add one click here and there.

Also like to point out the 2.0 fronts are not what come on a LE. They are a FOX option. Bigger body. Have only seen them on some Race sleds like the Iron Dog cats. Normally even the regular XC race sleds have 1.5's.

Also like to point out the 2.0 fronts are not what come on a LE. They are a FOX option. Bigger body. Have only seen them on some Race sleds like the Iron Dog cats. Normally even the regular XC race sleds have 1.5's.

Do you know the part# for the 1.5

Back