• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

exhaust options and the effect on tunes

I've run quit a few performance mufflers and for trail riding and performance gain I'd have to honestly say the Hurricane trail muffler is my favourite followed by the TD SQ. Both flow very well but the Hurricane is quieter.

I am using Hurricane's trail performance muffler and am very happy with it.

There are a few reasons I opted for it:
-comes with stock heat shields already installed
-it is louder then stock but not as loud as my stock Attak exhaust!
-after speaking with Dave he advised me all their performance muffler tunes were developed using their trail muffler...that sold me

My sled is a rocket with the SS perf muffler tune package...especially on the 300hp setting.
I could not be happier.

I am using Hurricane's trail performance muffler and am very happy with it.

There are a few reasons I opted for it:
-comes with stock heat shields already installed
-it is louder then stock but not as loud as my stock Attak exhaust!
-after speaking with Dave he advised me all their performance muffler tunes were developed using their trail muffler...that sold me

My sled is a rocket with the SS perf muffler tune package...especially on the 300hp setting.
I could not be happier.
I am starting to lean this way. I could get both stock and performance muffler tunes so i could change if needed. Probably go with the header also....

Looking at the hurricane header performance muffler package and I dont see a bar map sensor listed for this tune package. With the header does it need a 3 bar map sensor?

I am starting to lean this way. I could get both stock and performance muffler tunes so i could change if needed. Probably go with the header also....
Do you need to change the map sensor to go with the 270hp and quiet hurricane muffler?

is there any harm running the 3 bar for all tunes?

You can not run the 3 bar sensor on all the tunes. They are tune specific

That said i believe the tune bundles you are interested in all have a 3Bar version.

99406919-CFFC-4CE7-861C-17D03ABE1CBF.jpeg

Make your own header that way your in charge of the quality control department :)

I love my TD Super Quiet, doesn't seem loud at all, it does get throaty under heavy boost but that is expected in a performance muffler. Idle and midrange don't even get a look,

I ride NH, Maine and even into Canada the last winter with no issues...

I love my TD Super Quiet, doesn't seem loud at all, it does get throaty under heavy boost but that is expected in a performance muffler. Idle and midrange don't even get a look,

I ride NH, Maine and even into Canada the last winter with no issues...

The muffs we are discussing are reasonable & the odds of getting pulled over are NIL to NONE, but in Maine & parts of Canada, it has to be STOCK no matter what the noise level.
2 years ago the Maine Fish Police were checking for a stock OEM # on muffler cover. FLEECER got away with this when they checked him.
Now, they may also check the exit diameter & they know it's supposed to be 2 inches.

I'm NOT saying you'll have a problem or get pulled over, but just know the law.

the td header is a nice fit and clears the gas tank , I ran the header and 3 inch muffler from td last season and liked it ,

Back