• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EXUP cable replacement

I checked with reputable Yamaha dealers regarding replacement of exup and stock header pipe and the price was always a $3k stock repair. On the other hand Ulmer has a reliable fix for between $1000 to $1500 with dealer installed header pipe. It’s not a good thing to bad mouth the Ulmer pipe when it saves sooooo much money over stock pipe. If users get the hp gain great if not they got back on the snow quickly for half the price of the OEM part. Imo it’s not if the exup and pipe will break its when so thank goodness Ulmer stepped up.

This is a good response, thanks - and fair enough.

I checked with reputable Yamaha dealers regarding replacement of exup and stock header pipe and the price was always a $3k stock repair. On the other hand Ulmer has a reliable fix for between $1000 to $1500 with dealer installed header pipe. It’s not a good thing to bad mouth the Ulmer pipe when it saves sooooo much money over stock pipe. If users get the hp gain great if not they got back on the snow quickly for half the price of the OEM part. Imo it’s not if the exup and pipe will break its when so thank goodness Ulmer stepped up.
4 years and 50 stainless header pipes by Ulmer later (2011-2018 and sold out)... can anyone that made the swap from the OEM EXUP to Ulmer's stainless header chime in on the durability and any noticeable plus/minus performance of the stainless pipe compared to stock? Partzilla new OEM is now $3916. Ebay just sold a used one for $975. No others currently available. I saw someone removed the Ulmer stainless pipe, why? For the other 49 out there, how are they holding up?

4 years and 50 stainless header pipes by Ulmer later (2011-2018 and sold out)... can anyone that made the swap from the OEM EXUP to Ulmer's stainless header chime in on the durability and any noticeable plus/minus performance of the stainless pipe compared to stock? Partzilla new OEM is now $3916. Ebay just sold a used one for $975. No others currently available. I saw someone removed the Ulmer stainless pipe, why? For the other 49 out there, how are they holding up?
About 13000 miles on an apex. About 6000 miles on Allen’s header and no issues. To me it runs the same. I do have a refurbished stock system that i pressed on new flanges I’d probably sell.

I’ve had two of Allen’s headers now on two different Apes and no issues. I still maintain the sled I bought the first one for and I’ve had to replace flex pipes on that sled but the header was still perfect. Performance wise it’s tough to say because I’ve run his header, MOD airbox and PCV on both sleds and the total package is noticeably more crisp, starts better, and is tangibly more powerful than a bone stocker.

I've had 5 of these crack, most of those guys are either heavy guys (bottoming out results in chassis flex which cracks headers) or riding in extreme conditions that lead to alot of ice buildup in the tunnel, when the ice comes loose, the headers take a beating. If I were to build more headers now, they'd be $2500+ retail price.

Back